Why can't we have on screen joystick for those people that don't want tilt controls

I am more of an autopilot person but when something goes wrong I almost always end up crashing and one of the many reasons it tilt controls. I hate them. I don’t think they are needed but they put them in anyway. I have a large iPad pro and I have a hard time tilting it just to get a 208 back up in the air after a stall so why don’t we just add in a on screen joystick for the mobile users

1 Like

Yes, this should be considered as an option, either to have tilt controls, or a joystick… or you could just buy a real life joystick and hook it up to your iPad.

3 Likes

Check out this app. It describes your struggle.

IF Cockpit by Nicolas Barthe-Dejean
https://appsto.re/us/rY47fb.i

3 Likes

This app is great, although I think he didn’t like the tilt idea at all. So maybe not for him…

Just putting the idea out there for him. It’s at least one step closer to what he wants, supposedly. :)

2 Likes

Get a joystick or use the app. The only two options.

3 Likes

Reasons why I don’t play IF in public.

7 Likes

The tilt does get really annoying after a while, I sometimes find it hard to land with it

2 Likes

Then use auto land

1 Like

I don’t see how an onscreen joystick would work well in Infinite Flight. Sorry, but I just don’t see it fit (source: experience with LOTS of other games where onscreen controls just don’t work).

6 Likes

Tilt controls are certainly tricky sometimes but I don’t see how a on-screen joystick would work better. A plane is not a car, you need a level of sensibility which is easier to have with tilt rather than on-screen joystick I think.

I use tilt controls all the time and therefore I admit things can go wrong sometime, the majority of my flights are just fine and I enjoy IF a lot.

I think problem is in this community that a lot of people are using autopilot for everything and if you do you will never ever learn to get used to tilt controls and you will never learn how to fly a plane manually. If you know how to fly without the assistance of the AP you rarely stall your aircraft regardless of the controls you re using.

5 Likes

I find it annoying try to taxi to the gate after landing

Exactly. I think this is more of an issue of, “I don’t know how to fly” and not “the tilt controls suck”

4 Likes

Why would you tilt your device while taxing ?

1 Like

So you want IF to be less realistic. That’s a new one on here. The Tilt function, while not exactly the same, is very similar to the feel and movements you would have to make on a yoke present aircraft like all Boeings, Embraers, Bombardiers, etc. This isnt a cartoonish flying game. This is suppose to be a mobile simulator.

4 Likes

Also, there isn’t really space for a joystick.

1 Like

If you want a onscreen joystick I suggest using some other sims, the whole reason tilt controls work are because it’s like our iPads or phones are essentially the yoke in the cockpit and it reacts in the same way as a yoke would in real life. This is the realistic way and IF is a realistic sim so I’m completely against it

I would want it to be like you can select tilt or joystick

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.