Why are there no blastpads in IF? And why so many displaced thresholds?

This isn’t a feature request, just a question.
In infinite flight we have very detailed airports with taxiway markings and most runway markings. But why don’t we have blastpads? They aren’t very complicated, and I know that the airport creators are specifically instructed to not add them. There also seem to be lots of displaced thresholds (Like at EGLL) where there aren’t in real life. There’s probably a simple explanation for this I haven’t realised, and if there isn’t then why?imageRunway 27R at EGLL just doesn’t have a blastpad

12 Likes

I don’t really understand what you say.
A picture would help.

1 Like

I have never heard about this rule to be honest.

1 Like

You just reenforced his point lol

Oh sorry, I misread that part. I thought he said they’re complicated.

1 Like

Blast pads are the big yellow arrows sitting at the end of a runway. It is designed to prevent erosion and damage to the runway from jet blasts.

Photo credit: Wikipedia

I think we had blast pads before. I don’t remember which airport had it and I think blast pads were removed a few updates ago. We should be getting blast pads when Global releases.

7 Likes

He’s asking for blast pads, not displaced thresholds. Read my post and you’ll understand :)

2 Likes

That runway doesn’t have one, check 27R at EGLL for one that should have a blastpad

In that case it has one.

2 Likes

They should be grey and marked with yellow chevrons

2 Likes

Those markings are not rendered yet.

5 Likes

They are added the markings just aren’t supported yet. Same thing as with taxiway lights, signs, ATC routes, ect.

4 Likes

There is a blast pad at PBI in soflo

1 Like

Is that the reason ?

2 Likes

As the great Prophet Mick Jagger from the Rolling Stones once sang, “You can’t always get what you want.”

1 Like

But if you try some times you’ll find you get what you need.

6 Likes

I was really hoping someone would get that. It’s nice to know you’re not alone. Lel

3 Likes

That might disappear in the next update. There used to be one at KPMD

Answer: They don’t render in Infinite Flight

3 Likes

bit late we kinda already got that answer