Why are the Papi lights Incorrect

I’ve been learning to fly and I’ve been practicing flying around my airport KADS in a Cessna 172 in IF and I couldn’t help but notice that in real life there are four lights for the papi system but in infinite flight there are only 2 someone please explain this

IF

IRL

1 Like

Hey, Ethan!

Unfortunately, due to the way Infinite Flight renders lights, four light PAPIs are not displayed. This is something that the team is aware of and hopes to fix down the road.

If you would like to vote for four light PAPIs, check out the topic below.

Stay safe!

1 Like

in the IF they are not PAPI, but VASI

1 Like

Do you have a source for this? I think @Gabriel_f is correct here.

11 Likes

Regardless it needs to be fixed

2 Likes

I think they would be closer to abbreviated PAPI’s would they not?

2 Likes

I’ll keep the number of issues in our issue tracker to myself to avoid breaking your heart, Ethan. In the mean time, if you’d like to learn more about where we are with light development, you can read about project Metal on our blog.

21 Likes

Hey Jason,

There was a brief informal discussion with another developer that occurred in the IFAET Slack a while back regarding four light PAPIs. I cannot give an official source as I do not have access to the Slack anymore.

I understand where you are coming from, and I apologize for making it seem as if you guys are actively/plan on working on this. I know the term “hopes to fix down the road” doesn’t settle well with many. I could have worded that better.

I am aware that the PAPI lights render similar to VASI lights - I am an active airport editor and understand how items are displayed in the simulator.

Once more, I apologize for any confusion that my reply may have caused. It certainly wasn’t my intent.

Have a good one.

2 Likes

Ok cool.

Let’s just be careful with “developers are aware and working on it.” It’s very likely with something like this that it’s not anywhere close to a priority right now. 🙂

7 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.