Why are random post appearing in my notifications?

Hey everyone.

This morning I noticed that for some reason, I am getting notifications about random topics. This doesn’t happen for every new topic, usually ones from #meta but I’ve seen some from #general and #support. What is going on, and how do I stop it? Thanks!

-Pie

3 Likes

Happened to me too. As a default, you are notified of all Meta posts. I believe there is way to change this in settings.

2 Likes

I guess u could ‘mute’ these posts in your preferences, not sure though and that’s prolly not the best idea

1 Like

Click on the topic, scroll down to where’s it says “watching,” click on it, and press “normal.”

1 Like

If you check here you’ll see why.

It’s in you’re settings under preferences. You’re automatically notified of the topics from those categories, but you can change it.

5 Likes

I mute support because I get too tempted to offer my two cents.

1 Like

Yeah, I’ve noticed the same thing… Happens a lot but not every time.
Curious to find solution as well

1 Like

Lol your topic just appeared on my notification tab. i have the same issue . I think it happens because it’s a way to interact with other people’s topic.

2 Likes

Check my post above👆 That’s the reason why… he posted on #meta and when you create an account you’re automatically tracking the threads in that category. Although you can change it in settings.

2 Likes

Okay.

Interesting!

I have my answer. Thanks guys!

Mods can close plz

;)

2 Likes