Why are flagged post messages muted in the notifications?

Does anyone know why the flagged post messages are muted in the notifications automatically? Like when you flag a post it automatically makes a DM with moderators. Is there a setting to allow them to not be “muted” by default in the notifications? You have to go the sent inbox to see if there was a response which is less convenient then just opening the notifications.

Not a huge deal at all, it just has bothered me for the longest time. I just never got around to asking.

2 Likes

It’s odd, because when I go into the DMs of the mods responding to posts I’ve flagged, the notification status is watching… but I don’t get the little green bubble notification when they do respond.

I’m interested to see if anyone may know, I’ve noticed this too.

Also, kind of related. Mildly infuriating thing. The “You flagged this post for moderation” used to link to the message it created.

I’ve noticed this too, and it bothers me. When a mod or staff member replies with an automated response, I do not see it in the upper left-hand corner of my PFP. However, if they respond with a personal response, I do. I wonder if it has to do with how the IFC Discourse settings are. I’m sure someone like Seb could weigh in on this.

I do have “Tracking” enabled as well.

Screen Shot 2020-10-08 at 7.56.08 PM

Every time when it says flagged post removed by staff it means that you may be posting duplicates. So, I actually think that’s why your’e writing this topic because of this problem. When I joined IFC in December I started typing all of the messages that I was telling you about the updating planes for IF. I don’t know why some of our flagged post messages are muted in the notifications. & also that sometimes this says 500 error right here:

I may look at Skymark Airlines Boeing 737-800 later.

Posts can be flagged and removed for many reasons, such as advertising, inappropriate content, spam, etc.

The “500 error” is usually caused by an error during any policy execution or by an error on the target/backend server. The HTTP status code 500 is a generic error response. It means that the server encountered an unexpected condition that prevented it from fulfilling the request. On the IFC, that comes into play if you attempt to do things such as posting in a closed topic.

That aside, I believe the OP is raising a concern about a missing notification when responded to by a staff member regarding a flagged post. Trio, please correct me if I’m wrong.

1 Like

Posting on a closed topic shouldn’t be a 500 if handled by discouse properly actually. 500 usually means server issues or server-side code crashed.