Why 13+ in VA’s?

I have another question. Why are all the VA’s 13+ to join? (Only asking)

1 Like

I think to maintain a level of professionalism

3 Likes

You have to be 13+ to be on the IFC in the first place.

23 Likes

Well you have to be 13 to join the IFC so it shouldn’t affect anyone.

Edit: didn’t mean to post the same thing twice, I literally posted this 2 seconds after @anon41771314 :)

5 Likes

Ahh, now I understand!

1 Like

VA’s need all pilots to have IFC accounts, and you need to be at least 13 to have a IFC account, as mentioned above.

Some VA’s are 12+ (weirdly), most are 13+, some like BA are 14+ and I know if one that is 16+ :)

1 Like

Most likely for maturity. People can be mature at any age, but 13 is usually seen as “the age”.

1 Like

I’m pretty sure there’s a legal thing behind it too.

1 Like

What’s the minimum age to join the IFC?

13+, in the ToS

3 Likes

Well I think there is someone on the forum who is half the required age, LOL.

2 Likes

The age of 13 applies for every Discourse forum, as said by Starz can be found in the Terms of Service. I believe you have to confirm your age to join the community, or something rather when creating an account.

1 Like

Please leave that information private or DM a moderator.

3 Likes

Not only you have to be 13 to be on the forum as said above but VA’s and VO’s need a mature workspace to continue their operations with quality and mature dialogue. VA’s and VO’s workspaces are not playgrounds and the age requirement is there to also enforce that since most people at that age realize that. Maturity reflect on the VA and how it is handled. No virtual airline wants to remove someone thus why they have this rule in place so they don’t have to do so.

2 Likes

Send me a PM and I’ll tell you, not going to blast anyone publicly.

1 Like

Staff can read PM’s when they want. :^)

Although they’d normally do it when something gets flagged.

2 Likes

Is this one of those “Asking for a friend?” things, @Marcel001?

30 Likes

omgg noo 😂

1 Like

… no response

1 Like