Whoa, That's a LOT of Planes!

So, I’m not yet on live but I like at the live flight maps. Can someone explain to me why the South California region is so populated/ popular?

1 Like

I don’t think there is really one specific reason, it has a common route (KSAN-KLAX) and there is a large variety is scenery (water, mountains, etc) I personally think it’s a beautiful region.

2 Likes

Lots of aircraft = lots of controllers
Lots more controllers = lots more aircraft
Also
Lots of controllers = lots of aircraft
Lots more aircraft = lots more controllers

One always knows the other will be there in force. As neither are strictly controlled, this endless loop will probing my continue for some time I would think.

7 Likes

Yes, I agree it is beautiful!

1 Like

Thanks for the info @MishaCamp!

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

2 Likes

Definitely although KPSP is still the best place to be at those times - but I mich rather like to fly on other regions. SoCal gets boring after some time :/

On the advanced server you will notice that people follow us controllers. If we open in in Chicago, people fly in Chicago. If we open in Amsterdam, Netherlands, people follow us.

2 Likes

That’s so very true. I also check the region with active ATC first before flying

uhh because its Free?

That’s for all regions. Denver, New York, Caribbean, Hawaii.

The endless loop will continue until towers & regions are randomly assigned.
The currant system as I observe it is Favorite Airport centered. Everyone goes where there most comfortable. Works well in the real world but the present IF shot gun method were Controllers pick there own assignment repeatedly is flawed. Every Region is payed for they all should be treated and staffed equally. A Staffing Plan with a little time management which takes effort is the key. Max Sends

2 Likes

The problem is people cant give a time they can control.

We ATC’s control in our free time… People cant promise time

1 Like

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

2 Likes

@dush19… We all r cognizant the time constraints and the xterordiary efforts taken by all involved n ATC. Growing pains were and are evident. ATC is more than a year down the road. What I see now is a failure to instill the concept of teamwork at the lower end of the organization. My perception is that you have a case of “no way” itess and a failure to compromise at the individual level. All the horses are not pulling on the multi horse lash up. Nay Sayers and big egos where permitted to flourish. It time to “Require” a Team Spirit willing to fulfill the mission requirement. If steps are not taken now we will just have more of the same. Acrimony, who shot john and self do not make a cohesive highly technical operation perform at nominal levels. I know the answer, Teddy proved it.
Max SendsP

1 Like

(Joke)
Call it South California is special region and put them in saperate server and limit 50ppl for some time :D Still some ppl will never logout, so we’ll have queue to log-in. Never ending story here.

1 Like