• Yes surely
  • Most probably
  • Nah
  • Wat
  • Other (Put it on the replies).
    [/poll]
2 Likes

Is this real world?

Currently taking flying lessons. Hoping to earn my PPL and CPL.

2 Likes

Yes Tecman

1 Like

I mean… I reaaally hope I become a pilot some day, but I don’t think it’s very possible at the moment

1 Like

I really want to become a pilot…Wait, I am one. Best of luck to anywho who goes for it. It is well worth it in the end

2 Likes

I want to be a commercial pilot. Already have my PPL

1 Like

My current plan, which is heavily simplified for the sake of this post is as follows:

I will attend the University of North Dakota and recieve my flight training, degree, and ratings/licenses. Then, I will be a flight instructor for a few years to get my hours up. After than I plan to be a commercial pilot for Endeavor Air, which has a program that states that once pilots meet certain requirements, they will automatically have a job for Delta and fly for them.

2 Likes

I don´t wan´t to be a pilot. I´m going to be a pilot. I can get money, so basically I´m just waiting to be done with High School. In 7 years I´m up flying commercial airplanes.

1 Like

The hard cold truth is learning to fly is very expensive.If mummy and daddy aren’t willing to whip out their platinum credit card for you or you aren’t willing to work damn hard to create some funds to put you through the training then you are going to have a very difficult time becoming a pilot.

3 Likes

You always talk to your bank. That seems to be the best solution. I’m doing a 60/40, my family pays 40% of the costs, and we borrow the rest from the bank.

1 Like

Attempting to get in to USAFA and try to become a fighter pilot.

1 Like

The better option is to take the military route and have the government pay for the training. Just have to fight to get a pilot slot…

1 Like

That’s actually a very good point , and I’m also glad your family are able to help you out. I personally have the ethos of , " if you can’t afford it , you can’t afford it." I think that is a big reason why so many people are in debit right now , banks are business and charge higher interest on the loans ( interest rate various depending on your country ). In my current country , South Africa , I believe the interest rate is 12% while in the UK it is around 2% , so it could make sense if you get the loan at a reasonable rate.

1 Like

I want to be a private pilot, I don’t aspire to be commercial though. I should be starting my training within a few months.

3 Likes

Yeah sadly for me that isn’t a option in South Africa as there is certain quotas in place for entry to the military regarding your racial background, especially the Air Force …

being a private pilot is fun

I want to be a pilot but Its hard for me to get my license and I don’t have the best eye sight :/

Can you elaborate a bit more on the license issues ? Have you considered laser surgery to correct your eyesight ?

You can’t be a pilot if you wear glasses?