Who remembers the space shuttle?

I got my old iPad to work and it never updated, so I have the old version of Infinite Flight when live had just come out. Sadly, it wont download the space shuttle because its so old I can only use the aircraft already downloaded from a few years ago, but it shows up in the menu!

5 Likes

Space shuttle was fun to fly, I can’t really understand why it’s removed.

3 Likes

I remember the shuttle!!

Wasn’t there a couple of missions for it?

I think we had the launch - the ISS docking and the glide into the atmosphere for landing …

It would be nice to have a throwback addon with the shuttle:)

3 Likes

Ahh the space shuttle. Funny enough yesterday I watched First Man, (great movie, highly recommend watching it) and thought of the space shuttle. I now really miss it. But I understand why FDS took it out.

2 Likes

There were three levels of landing missions into KEDW, Edwards Air Force Base. The hardest one had low visibility. The space shuttle had no cockpit and the HUD had two additional boxes which showed the vertical speed and smt else.

3 Likes

Noted, imagine a view of the earth with IF global…

Would be spectacular!

3 Likes

The space shuttle was so much fun!!

1 Like

I always failed the missions! I also recall the 747 house livery with missions as well, and the old 737. Simpler times before live.

5 Likes

I believe they removed it because it caused issues with the game. Not sure what, but thats what I heard.

I remember the shuttle missions. Good old times, when I first got Infinite Flight, the shuttle mission was still a thing.

1 Like

The explanation:

Why was the Shuttle removed?:

1 Like

The space shuttle was pretty old. There used to be missions with it as well?

2 Likes

Yes, they were landing missions.

2 Likes

Also the docking mission if memory serves me right, for me that was hard

1 Like

It was necessary to remove it but boy was it fun.

1 Like

Whas is the mission with really long runway?

They used KEDW as thats one of the three places the shuttle landed. Now that we have global it should be possible to have a mission start over Texas and you glide it down to Kennedy Space Center.

The only issue with the shuttle is the quality of textures. You can only just make out Atlantis and the engines are off.
Infinite Flight:

What it should be:

1 Like

This is a picture that I found last year.

Shuttle-Atlantis-Infinite-Flight-windows-phone-550x328

This is not my photo and I don’t know the owner because I downloaded the picture a year ago and kept it in my gallery so credits go to the owner.

1 Like

When did this come out before ?

Hello and thanks for the topic but there is no need for 2 topics that are pretty similar to each other, i recommend you guys check out this topic and include your great memories there :-)