Who has flown on Aer Lingus?

I’ve recently booked to go to New York (JFK) From Dublin (DUB) in the coming Easter! I will be flying on one of Aer Lingus’ A330 (200/300) and I am very excited but as I have never flown with Aer Lingus before I was wondering what they are like- Food/Cleanliness/IFE so I’m asking anyone who have flown with them before what they are like please leave your comments below!
-Thanks, Lucas.

2 Likes

Fly with them all the time, to and from London to Dublin! Best airline I have flown on, interior on short flights are amazing, a lot of leg room. Staff are always kind. However I have no idea on how good they are on long haul flights :)

3 Likes

How exciting ! I have attached a link below of some possible helpful insights from travellers who could give you a idea of what to expect from Aer Lingus. I haven’t flown with them before thou …

:)

2 Likes

What’s your flight number? I live under the flight path to 22L/22R so I might be able to see your plane (approach course permitting)

3 Likes

I have flown with them two Times from Milan Linate to Dublin… Very Nice Service👍👌

1 Like

I have flown them on short-haul and I was very statisfied with their service their cabin and their food (even though you have to pay for that…)
I’d definitely fly them again ;)

1 Like

Have flown with them multiple times, great service really friendly crews & really want to make you feel welcome.

Not too bad an airline for long haul flights I’ve done the DUB-JFK route twice before, but it can be pretty brutal for short haul. I live in Ireland and fly with them quite often,

For long haul flights like yours I haven’t really had any proper problems, the entertainment system may be a wee bit boring and lacking in selection, but, at the end of the day, most people have phones or portable electronics now anyway, so it doesn’t matter too much, I must say I’m not really a fan of the long haul food either (that being said I don’t really like any long haul aviation meal). The staff are alright, as with any airline it obviously depends on which cabin crew you get.

The reason I’m quite negative about the long haul flights despite the fact they really aren’t too bad is because of their short haul flights. A few big problems. Firstly there’s the delays, I’d say out of all the airlines I fly on it has the second most amount of delays, the most being easyJet and the least amount of delays being with Ryanair (with whom I have never had a delay, despite flying with the, quite frequently) I’d say around 1/3 flights I take are delayed especially from Dublin. Secondly, food, whilst aim not really all that fussy about what’s served, what I do like is to actually have an option. Almost all return legs of flights I take with Aer Lingus have ran out of food, meaning often I’m stuck on up to a 3 hour flight without having had breakfast/lunch/dinner whilst you might not consider it a major problem it can be really annoying.

The bottom line is, for long haul, Aer Lingus is great, especially when going to the USA as you can avail of the customs preclearence. For short haul, if your flying into Ireland I’d suggest Ryanair, not only is it cheaper but it’s also far less delayed and the difference in service is barely noticeable (despite what people on the internet like to say).

Flown a couple of times. I really like the Dublin to USA leg because you pass immigrations in Dublin. Saves a lot of time! Food is good. A330 is quite roomy but similar to any other transatlantic route. If you like hot tea I would recommend. Not many US airlines can get that right! Of course BA know how also :)

1 Like

I haven’t.

I flew Aer Lingus once, back in 2007. It was a short flight from Heathrow to Dublin, but it was nice. I don’t know how good of a comparison it is to what your experiecne will be, since that was so long ago, and it was a short haul flight rather than long haul, but I enjoyed flying them. I am sure you will too, I have never heard anything bad about them.

I live under the path for 22L, so I might be able to see him too!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.