Who else tries to make their IF flights super realisitc?

When I fly on IF I like to treat it like real life. Do any of you guys do that? I mean like use specific airplanes, airlines, gates, look up how bad winds would be, use the airport that you just landed at for departure, etc. I am personally a realistic type of person but let me know! Vote in the poll below!

• I take IF SUPER seriously
  • I don’t care I just wanna have fun

0 voters

8 Likes

That’s the great thing about this game, is the choice of how realistic you want to be. I’m like you, I’m trying to simulate the real world and try to find ways to mimic real-world operations as much as possible within the IF environment. As these updates come out, it gets easier and easier to do that.

4 Likes

Speaking of realistic what things make infinite flight realistic to you guys?

3 Likes

Departing from the airport you arrive at, using correct speeds, using correct departure/arrival runways, using correct airlines and aircrafts. All in all this game is so fun to be realistic in!

1 Like

Yeah that’s true it’s a very good realistic game I can’t wait till over 50% of major airport are 3D then it will be even better with the introduction of taxi lights and more improvements

2 Likes

Personally, It comes down to the actual operation of the aircraft. I try to calculate performance for the flight and know how much N1 to use, correct flaps, landing speeds, etc. I try to follow real world procedures, as best I can understand them. There is a lot of complexity to actually flying an aircraft, especially when you throw in rules and SOP’s, regulations and etc. So I mostly stick to one aircraft for months at a time, aiming to become proficient and experienced in that aircraft through a ton of flights in myriad conditions.

9 Likes

That’s really smart I should try do that but it’s hard to stick with the same aircraft with he updates coming out with so much new stuff to try

1 Like

Yeah; I’m very into realism. I won’t even fly planes that don’t have wingflex and I won’t fly to any un-3D airports lol. I don’t like to fly routes that don’t exist or use aircraft that don’t fly on certain routes etc.

2 Likes

I agree with that. Each person has their own preference. I personally stick to the 777 family in IF. I feel its the most well-rounded aircraft in game at the moment. There are some others that excel in other areas, and areas there the 777 clearly dominates (for example, live cockpit, engine sounds, etc). So for me its easy to stay with that aircraft for most every flight, because I find it is the closest to realistic at the moment and therefore the most fun to fly, for me.

7 Likes

Yeah smart good thinking but still I can’t wait for the A220

2 Likes

I’ve done plenty of multi day flights where I will follow a single aircraft and keep up with whatever weather and schedule it throws at me sometimes widebodies but recently some planes fly once for 3 days at a time. Sometimes I enjoy following a CRJ around for a few days or find your favorite special livery and follow whatever the flight schedule is. I did it for Southwest once and ended up hitting all of their main airports and crossed the country 5 times in 4 days.

3 Likes

Surely any 3D airport is more realistic than starting or ending a flight in giant empty fields of grass and tarmac?

I always thought that was stretching the pretending way too far!

2 Likes

Its an interesting question, and raises the history of flight sims really.

The original attraction of flght sims was that feeling of flight, the wonder of leaving the ground and having control, the sense of being high above the ground …that was what “realism” meant then.

So taking off from Meigs Field or KLAS and buzzing around some buildings was what most did.

Nowdays, the realism of that basic experience has gone to new never imagined levels, with the power of CPUs and graphics we have now.

But strangely the concept of realism has shifted …here we see that a majority are mainly interested in recreating airline operations, down to the smallest details like a “gate” in the middle of an empty field, as far from real as could be imagined …🤔

2 Likes

I agree that’s some good stuff there

1 Like

Its almost like a totally different concept of what a flight sim is.

I always thought this is why GA is not popular here, because for most users its not about the pure aspects of flight anymore.

But then it could just be those GA planes ! 🤭

2 Likes

No joke I will be the most realistic person one day then the next buzz the tower at 283838 KTs in a f22 on casual lol

2 Likes

Also I will have a great flight and then someone will take off on the wrong runway just cuz both of the runways are green😑

2 Likes

Exactly it sucks 😂😂 look at real life atis if all runway are green

3 Likes

I just check FR24

1 Like

And also on expert someone flew a Space shuttle 747 at Seattle😑

1 Like