Who can't wait for a hurricane?

Some may find windy conditions fun to fly in but imagine,90kt winds and 120kt gust and extreme turbulence blowing your aircraft around is rare to find.But global flight will make it easy to fly in extreme conditions with super typhoons in the Western Pacific.

8 Likes

Yeah i was thinking that maybe FDS could make monthly events on free flight only with crazy winds, super low visibility etc. These are always fun lol

11 Likes

Or other events with windshear, thermals, and so on

2 Likes

I love low visibility,its fun to land a plane in just 1/16 mile visibility.

1 Like

Windshears aren’t simulated yet. In the future that would be cool though for an event.

2 Likes

I know, but hopefully we’ll have it

Lol with wing flex

3 Likes

Imaging the 787 with wingflex in a typhoon😍

4 Likes

Will turn into flutter and you crash lol

2 Likes

Yeah I miss when they used to have them. They used to alter the weather of the free flight server for special events. It was fun. Maybe they’ll do that again in the future sometime.

4 Likes

The wings actually might glitch off

1 Like

Who imagine flying in a storm like Super Typhoon Haiyan?

1 Like

I admit that would be quite a ride, but please think that there may be victims of that horrific storm here or viewing the community…

The hurricane season has been quite slow. I’ve been dying to fly in hurricane conditions in IF.

1 Like

The fun that Laura must be having this season on IF 😂💨

1 Like

I actually have a good question,did hurricane hunter actually went into Haiyan at its peek or buoys kept the info going.

Mmm I can recreate the video where a KLM 777-300er was landing at AMS in poor weather conditions!🤔

1 Like

Gives you a real reason to use autoland

3 Likes

RIP Cessna

4 Likes

What a sight… Patrick cruising the skies in his Cessna Skyhawk in < 1/4nm vis and 25 knot winds lol.