Who and what are you thankful for in 2021?

As we near the end of 2021, I thought that it would be best for us all to reflect on those who made your 2021 the year that it is on the Infinite Flight Community. There’s no denying that the last couple of years have been different, and as we return to some form of normality, I felt that it would only be right to express your gratitude to those who made your 2021 enjoyable, despite the circumstances. I know a few that I can easily thank off the top of my head.

Just a reminder to all participants of this thread to keep the replies non-political and in accordance with the forum rules.

38 Likes

A220 A330 A330 neo and all the mods and developers thank you @Laura @jasonrosewell @DeerCrusher and all of you for making this the best sim in the world and constantly updating the quality standards thanks for all your work

5 Likes

Here on the IFC it’s the entire mod and staff team: It’s a pleasure to work with all of you. I want to mention @Drummer personally who helped me keeping my promise to finally pass my IFATC training this year. Better late than never, thanks for that!

But I think we as a community made a lot of progress over the last year: 2020 wasn’t always easy, there were a lot of political tensions and we noticed that here too. But I’m thankful that we all managed to overcome this in 2021; it’s been a good year for the IFC I think 😊

I’m looking forward to 2022, hopefully we can have some official meet-ups again next year!

9 Likes

Cam is a cool guy, started from Rick Astley now we’re here. Really made me actually start learning programming instead of a week-long bursts without him probably realizing. As well as the whole sussy town gang, I like how cozy it has become over the last half a year. Would be cool to meet some people next year, but with the COVID stuff the only meeting I’ll have would be if I dox Maxim ;)

6 Likes

I’m thankful for All the mods and devs for being here and listening and being helpful to us.

Thank you.

2 Likes

I want to thank me

8 Likes

I want to thank @MathiasG

4 Likes

Beans, rice, Jesus Christ, and Byron 😘

3 Likes

And I want to thank @tunamkol

2 Likes

I’m thankful for everyone in the community that makes being here so great. I’m thankful for having IF as a place where I can share my love for aviation eoth others. I’m thankful for IFATC and for being a part of it. I’m thankful for my closest friends on IFATC @Marina @NightHawk @AsternAviation @Guitar @Nanadukes14 to name a few. I’m thankful that I’ve received nothing but support from this community during my gender transition. I hope to be a strong and beautiful woman just like laura is in this community.

I’m thankful for things outside of IF but they’re kind of irrelevant

3 Likes

I’m thankful for life, the NHS in the UK that have worked so hard to keep everyone safe and healthy, and Boris for being a laugh on the TV.

I’m also thankful for the people that contribute constructively to #support, Franks Red Hot Sauce, Beer, literally everyone that doesn’t sign their posts, the GWR HST I’ve been riding daily, oxygen, sussy town, the Abu Dhabi safety car, Aussie hair product, my kettle, and some other stuff.

10 Likes

I would say I’m thankful for just being able to make it day by day and through thick and thin, given everything that’s been happening with myself and with the world at large. Huge shoutout to my rather supportive family and friends who’ve stuck up for me regardless of what might’ve been going on, and to my martial arts studio for everything they’ve done for me, physically and mentally. That and Dr. Pepper.

As far as the community and the sim goes, I’m thankful for (almost) all of you, notably our staff, mods, and developers, along with our IFATC, AET, VARB, and VA members for creating such an active and thriving flight sim community like no other. You all have helped fuel my passion for aviation, along with curing my perpetual boredom lmao. Here’s to the coming year! I have no tags, you all know who you are should you come across this. But I’ll tag @DeerCrusher anyways.

2 Likes

I want to thank the IF developers the most! Thank you for bringing the A220 to life!

1 Like

Tagged me “just because”… Nice! 😎

7 Likes

Honestly, this year has been weird. 2020 was mostly battling the struggles of COVID, whereas this year, about midway through, things really slowed down and life was almost entirely back to normal. With adjusting to a new school life and new COVID variants, I’m thankful for people such as @LordWizrak @NJ24 @ToasterStroodie @Drummer and any other TSA members. Really appreciate those who stand by me while life is whizzing by. 😂

5 Likes

I am not a man that talks alot but here are a few words.
I am thankful for all the nice Updates from the Devs, all the support i got from @Luu @Nefarious @Robert_NG001 @Marcel_NG002 @CFG_Hawk all support i got while doing my IFATC Training and lots of more

4 Likes

I apologize in advance, but prepare for a wall of text!

Infinite Flight Staff

@Cameron - First, enjoy the tag. Lol. For real, though, I’ll be honest. I don’t know how you put up with me. I mean, I don’t know how anyone puts up with me, but that’s beside the point.

You’re always there to answer my questions, have a chat about nothing, or listen to my rants. It’s been fantastic to get to know you, and the guidance you’ve given doesn’t always relate to Infinite Flight, but also real life, which is something I honestly appreciate!

!תודה רבה לך

@Tyler_Shelton - I’m sure this isn’t the only tag you’ll receive in this thread, so I’ll make this short.

Whether you’re listening to feedback, explaining a policy (real-world or Infinite Flight), or simply around to chat, there is never a dull moment. Thank you for all you do, and I can’t wait to continue being an active participant in IFATC!

Jarno, Jason, Kai, Laura, Misha, Philippe, Rah, Seb - Though my communications are limited with you all, your behind-the-scene work has undoubtedly paid off, and Infinite Flight is the perfect example of that!

Thank you for all you do. 😊

IFC Moderators

While I don’t speak to many of you, all of you play an essential role in keeping the forum and other Infinite Flight-related entities safe. It indeed doesn’t seem like an easy task, so props to you all for hanging in there!

I would, however, like to give a sincere thanks to @DeerCrusher. I know we haven’t always been on the best terms, but as a go-to mod, I can always rely on you. Talking about UAL and UAL Express is never a dull moment, too, and something that we can both relate to. Hopefully I’ll catch a flight with you one day! 😉

IFATC

There are too many of you to mention, so I’ll keep it general.

As a team of volunteers who dedicate their time to keeping the virtual skies safe, each one of us plays a crucial role. It may sound cringy, but we’re all a team, and this is where I have met most of my close friends to this day.

That said, I owe a massive thanks to Danny (@ToasterStroodie). Danny is the reason for me being me in terms of the real world and Infinite Flight. Our training sessions were the best, and as much as I love to control, I’d do anything to recreate those days.

Disregarding the Infinite Flight aspect, I think of you as one of my best friends. There has never been a moment where I needed someone to talk to you, and you weren’t there for me. For that, and from the bottom of my heart, thank you. I’m so proud to call you an influence of mine. ❤️

El Al Virtual

@CaptainZac - There’s too much to say, really. From unknowingly playing a round of golf in 2019 to becoming the COO and leading figure in LYVA, we’ve become the ultimate duo. We’ve always got each other’s back, and our conversations are the furthest from boring.

Thank you for all you do, and thank you for being you. ❤️

@Nightt - Meh, what can I say. You’re a sub-par HR Manager and a decent person.

I kid, I kid. You always know when it’s the right time to send the dumbest/funniest TikToks in our staff chat. You’re also a great person to talk to, and I know I can rely on you. Thank you for everything!

@Avi_Zelmanovich, @PilotPeanutButter - Besides for being great staff members, you are both amazing people! There is never a moment where you two are not willing to help out, and for that, thank you!

El Al Virtual Pilots - Simply said, without each of you, LYVA would not exist. The entire staff team truly appreciates all of you, and we cannot thank you enough for helping us represent El Al and Israel in a virtual manner.

Other Notable People

@Alexander_Nikitin - You’re a coding genius and probably a dangerous person with those skills. Lol. You continue to impress me, and I can’t wait to see what you create in the future.

@Altaria55 - Although I had been playing Infinite Flight since 2012, it was ultimately you who kicked things off for me. AVVA helped me get involved within the community. I won’t lie, some of the best moments I’ve had were with you, @Micah_Brazil, and @EdCruz. To be honest, I still look back in the Slack from time to time.

@brennanhackard - We may not go back far, but ever since I joined AET, you were such a help. We’ve grown since, and having the opportunity to know you on a personal level means more than you know. And who knows, maybe I’ll miraculously end up in the Rockies soon and catch you on the slopes. ⛷

@brunocr98 - Though airport editing has been on hold for some time now, I genuinely appreciate your efforts from the editing era. Without you, I’d reckon less than half of my edits per cycle would have made it.

@Daniel_Steinman - We haven’t known each other for long, but I’m thrilled to be working with you on Hebrew translations for Infinite Flight!

@Ecoops123 - It’s never a dull moment with you… there is always something on your mind. Thank you for all the laughs, and I hope there are many more.

@IFVARB - Thank you so much for allowing me to be a part of the VARB. I love helping new VA/VOs become a part of the community and cannot wait to see what new things are in store for us.

@Kamryn - I hope you know that I will continue to shoot backlit photos. Fortunately, your advice has been really helpful, so perhaps I’ll put it to use at some point.

@Jason_M - As the ultimate vaBase genius, thank you for all your help with LYVA’s website.

@Jon_H - Tacking onto my comment for Jason, I know I can rely on you for all PHP-related questions. I’m sure I’ll have more for you soon, too, lol.

@KaiM - You’ve entered the next stage in your Infinite Flight career, and I’m so happy for you. Besides your hard work, it’s the least you could’ve received after dealing with hundreds of nav edits at the last minute from me. 😜

@Kirito_77 - I cannot tell you how many times I have spit a drink out while reading some of your replies. You are a character and can always lighten up the mood.

@LordWizrak - Do you ever sleep? Every time I message you, I get an instant response. That, however, is something I can’t say for many people, so thank you for being there for me and daily discussions of nothing.

@lucaviness - I’m so happy you came back. Our past has been rocky, but we’ve both turned new leaves, and I’m thrilled we are cordial now!

@Pingu - We must go spotting at EWR, a.k.a. the best airport. 📷

@RafaelPadilla - You’re my number one local JFK controller, and it’s always a blast to staff different airports with you!

@Saharsh - #speedingvibes.

@Thunderbolt - You have adorable dogs. You’re also a Blob. Oh, and our PMs are… interesting.

If you weren’t mentioned, don’t worry, I didn’t forget about you—the list would go on forever. Nonetheless, everyone here has been a part of my journey, and I couldn’t be more appreciative of that.

Well, my wall of text is over. Cheers for the great times this year, and I wish you all a happy, healthy, and safe New Year! 🥂

42 Likes

I have a lot that I’m thankful for this year. First of all, I want to thank @CaptainZac for making the WFC which is where I spend most of my time. I also want to thank @Z-Tube and @Nightt for helping Zac run the forum. I want to thank @Robertine for providing so many funny memes. I have so many other people I want to tag and mention but I don’t want it to be like @Z-Tube’s essay above. So I’ll end with just saying, @DeerCrusher thank you so much for having quite an interesting chat with me about pretty much anything aviation related. 😂 Mainly about your job though. I really enjoyed it and I hope that we can chat again soon.

See ya on the flip side!

6 Likes

98 in a 65, yolo

1 Like

That’s the kindest thing anyone has ever said to me 👉👈🥺

3 Likes