'White' planes?

When I watch cockpit videos or justplanes, they are often filming the outside. Sometimes I see the so calles ‘generic livery’s’. Are these planes deliveries from airlines? Or just for testing?

2 Likes

Sorry what?

2 Likes

Sorry my English is not so good?
But does this planes belongs to airlines or are they just for testing

9 Likes

Probably in the middle of painting, Or going for testing or being delivered to an airline for painting. :)

6 Likes

Ahhh now i see , yeah probably what @PilotZerge said painting or going to be delivered to another airline for chartered use( leased ).

@Samet_Ozturk Your English is good enough ;)

5 Likes

It’s for the world’s most popular airline, White Air

3 Likes

Lmao, That made my day

1 Like

Yeah they aren’t very common as Airbus and Boeing have test aircraft with their own livery and customer aircraft pre delivery usually have a painted tail, so these are just planes that are leased and haven’t got a permanent airline or they are bing transferred over to another airline

1 Like

I think they look good! Graphics can go out of style with time, you can’t go wrong with a clean look like this.

1 Like

I’m one of the few who despise these liveries

2 Likes

Or they’re for a leasing company that leases them to airlines.

1 Like

A lot of aircraft are leased more then you think, big airlines don’t buy all their planes and so even though they are leased they stilll have a livery so I would say it’s planes leased to small airlines or to big ones for temporary use

1 Like

White is the standard color for delivery. This is exactly the case with vehicles such as trucks, buses. White is standard, does not cost an extra charge.
As already mentioned, leasing companies use this variant. In the vehicle sector, these vehicles are covered with fonts or the like. If they are only leased for a foreseeable future. Re-varnishing would be much too expensive. Apart from the fact that in the aviation sector only special and very expensive colors are used.

Such as DuPont™… The weight of the aircraft is of great importance for the range and transport capacity. Therefore, weight is saved when building aircraft. This is why aircraft paints must be extremely light. The coating of a Boing 747 requires approximately 2,000 to 2,500 liters of lacquer. Already a few kilos more or less can affect the profitability of the flight operation. The lower the thickness of the lacquer, measured in increments of 0.1 gram per square meter, the more an aircraft can fly with the same amount of fuel or carry more people.

Aircraft lacquers must protect the metal body of an aircraft from extreme external influences. These include salty and acidic precipitation, strong UV radiation in high airports and fluctuations in the outside temperature between 50 ° C and -55 ° C. Since the metal body is also insensitive to condensation liquid, aggressive chemicals, oil, fuel and de-icing agents, aircraft are also painted from the inside. Compared to the smooth outer skin, four times as much paint is consumed

3 Likes

Wow… Couldn’t have said it any better !

1 Like

Happy Anniversary!!

1 Like

I think it’s actually his birthday :)

2 Likes

Happy birthday! :D

1 Like

@Josh_Mcmunn @Kyle.Plane @marvin_buxton
Thank you very much!!

2 Likes

Sorry it is your birthday not your forum anniversary!!

1 Like

Oh lol. Didn’t noticed it. I just had an France listentest, and birthday in France is l’anniversaire.😅

1 Like