Which San Francisco Bay Area Airport is Your Favorite?

SJC has low clouds and winds as well. The airport is pretty close to the bay.

And the only way the airport can be more inconvenient than SFO is because of its amount of nonstop destinations. But when you compare a destination that both SFO and SJC has, like SEA, SJC can be way more convenient.

1 Like

But I never met this sort of thing in larger international airports such as LAX and SFO. That’s the point.

Cause you ran into a bad worker. That’s why

Again, you’re blaming an airport because of a bad worker

1 Like

If this had happened multiple times with many workers, and only at SJC, then maybe something is wrong.

1 Like

Yeah, but it’s different. When there are low clouds at SFO, there are more flights arriving and most of the times, there aren’t any low clouds at SJC (I can see the area above the airport from my house)

Sure SJC can be more convenient in some cases, but I mean there isn’t too much of a comparison since it depends 🤷🏻‍♂️

SJC is convenient? The routes from there are wayy too limited. It doesn’t even have a flight to SBA (worse than Oakland).
I can easily take a flight from SBA to McCarran to fly back to China.

dividing line---------------------------------------------------
@anon57683537 After it happens to me once, I no longer want to risk my future on that airport. I think maybe next time, they’ll send me to the “small black room” to ask me more questions

1 Like

Actually, I’ve seen low clouds at SFO at all times of the day. It could come at anytime during the day. I was there for my SEA flight at 5am in the morning and there were low clouds. I departed SFO for CLT and there were low clouds

During the winter, low clouds come even more often so SFO can be very unreliable during their busiest times. And this can come especially if the 19s are used for landings and 10s are used for takeoffs. They can’t handle it.

SJC in the winter despite bad weather, can get you to your destination with minimal delay. I’ve tracked SJC and it’s longest delays during winter are mainly because of the flight’s destination airport.

Unless we talk about destinations, SJC is more convenient than SFO especially in winter and rainy seasons

Well they have Contour which flies the route.

I have to say that SJC can be convenient in some cases as it’s a mere 5 minutes from my house, but on some days, it can be a nightmare like every other airport.

Yeah, but weather isn’t something you can control. Many times, San Francisco has bad weather because of its location, something the airport can’t control itself.

SJC just doesn’t get that type of weather very often 🤷🏻‍♂️

So San Jose is worse than Oakland because it doesn’t have a route to one place?

San Jose has direct service to China, England, and Japan. Does Oakland have it? I don’t think so

1 Like

SJC and SFO are very close to each other that they get almost identical weather conditions

Maybe a few different degrees of temperature and different amounts of rain/wind but that’s it

No. ZBAA was wayy bigger fog than KSFO. They have better instrumental landing equipments to let aircrafts to land in bad smog. You know, Beijing’s pollution is world- famous, although it is getting better recently.

They’re close, but far enough for the weather to be different.

I flew to San Francisco when they had low clouds and when I got home, the skies were clear. They do have different weather conditions 🤷🏻‍♂️

It takes a while to drive from San Francisco to San Jose

The weather is not constant

Nah, in some cases, you can’t even see when landing at SFO until you are less than 1000 feet high which causes delays (really bad delays)

Beijing may be famous for pollution, but SFO gets bad weather too 🤷🏻‍♂️

I know it isn’t, but you can see weather on the drive back.

And it’s only around a 30-minute drive when it’s 11:00 p.m. so there’s a difference in the weather and it’s not just because weather isn’t constant

What about this?? This picture is taken on ground. Isn’t it cooler than SFO?

Weather can be pretty bad at SFO 🤷🏻‍♂️

It can even be worse in some cases

@GlobalFlyer1 and @BigBert10 haha when it comes to the bay airports, you two never stop arguing😂

1 Like

Show me a photo please.
One more ZBAA69216AE1FABAF6F3C170D84D67319563