Which region do you think can be the next SoCal?

SoCal has been popular with pilots on playground for quite a long time. And we see words like ‘welcome to KNUC on playground’ a lot. I’m wondering if there is any other region we can swarm into.

2 Likes

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

5 Likes

I hope maybe New York. jfk is a big and nice airport

6 Likes

Florida and New York have some great options, as does Paris unfortunately they aren’t used. Maybe when more get live+ as people are doing we will see more traffic in these regions. London was buzzing earlier.

5 Likes

A pet peeve of mine is how popular KNUC is. I agree it’s fun to fly onto an island, but KNUC is an auxiliary base, not a commercial airport!

4 Likes

“You” won’t swarm anywhere.
SoCal will remain the most popular region on the Playground server for a long long time. And it seems that people don’t care about ATC, 'cause I noticed that when the Advanced controllers open some frequencies there (KLAX, KSAN, KPSP) almost no one comes.
I personally fly on the Adavnced server as much as I can.

My favorite region is London, but please stay in SoCal and don’t ruin the other (great) regions too.

5 Likes

If they added more norther UK airports to the London region, I personally think it could be one of the best regions to fly in :)

5 Likes

I’m not familiar with that area. Can you give me some examples? Thanks.

If they combined NorCal and SoCal😉

5 Likes

You have no idea. Newcastle, Manchester, Leeds Bradford and say Belfast / Glasgow.

4 Likes

It’s got to be London!

And slightly west to include Bristol and Cardiff Intl!

3 Likes

Well if they included a Hong Kong region that had the old Kai Tak airport, I think that would generate a ton of traffic and have a go hero’s on the curving final.

Otherwise Hawaii seems popular

1 Like

Miami! KMIA is such a nice airport

Chicago please! I live there and could be a good KORD Deprture controller because I live near there and know how the planes depart

1 Like

Someone pleas make a poll with
New york
Chigago
Florida
Londen
Amsterdam

Denver! Love all those mountain airports!

• New York
  • Chicago
  • Florida
  • London
  • Amsterdam

0 voters

1 Like

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

1 Like

@divebuddha Were you just writing that post to get a like from me😄.

Anyway I’ve also begun enjoying Amsterdam as well because I love flying around smallish airports like Eindhoven, that’s said my first love is still the Carribean region as I love island hopping.

2 Likes