Which plane has the longest range?

I’m looking for the aircraft in the game who has the longest range (eg fuel max & passengers 30-50% and 10% cargo, not much). Any ideas? I know there are discrepencies with fuel-cargo-passenger ratios and altitudes and their efficiencies.

1 Like

Some people have said, however, that the 787-9 has the longest range… I don’t know who is right because there are conflicting sources. Even boeing conflicts sometimes.

According to this site, the 777-200LR has the longest range

4 Likes

On IF the 200LR can fly for around 24 hours with max fuel.

3 Likes

With full pax, the Airbus A350ULR, but that’s not in IF so probably the 787-9

1 Like

The 777-200LR has the longest range of any commercial jet as of now, it overtook the crown from the Airbus A340-500 which used to have the longest range back then before 2005 but eventually the B77L made its entry and took away the first place from Airbus and made name Boeing stand for it.

A few example on routes it’s used on are:

• Pakistan International Airlines (PIA) | Toronto —> Karachi
  • Qatar Airways (QR) | Doha —> Auckland
  • Qatar Airways (QR) | Doha —> Houston
  • Qatar Airways (QR) | Doha —> Los Angeles
  • Delta Airlines (DL) | Sydney —> Los Angeles
  • Delta Airlines (DL) | Atlanta —> Johannesburg
  • Air India (AI) | Delhi —> San Francisco

All these flights are above 12hrs and most of them hit the 14h mark and some even exceed that number and reaches 15h or 16h. This goes to show that although many of these routes can be covered by a 787-8/9, 77W or A380, some airliners, mostly Qatar uses the B77L for these long routes that by distance are greater than any other route. Doha to Auckland is just a tiny bit longer to fly in distance compared to London to Perth with QF9/QF10.

Extra Slight Off-Topic Info: 👇

Doha to Auckland is approximately: 14,529 km or 9,032 miles.
London to Perth although takes longer to fly is at around: 14,470 km or 8,991

Although a 77L can do the LHR-PER route just fine and the 787-9 vise-versa with DOH-AKL, it’s a economic/business strategy they’re using to make profit. Both are winning with different aircraft, different routes but about the same length.

11 Likes

Thanks for the help.

1 Like

On infinite flight, is the 777-200LR or the 787-8 longer range?

I honestly don’t know but i’m quite sure it is the 777-200LR by a small margin. Since the sim replicates real life, i’d assume the 77L has the longest range in IF as well.

2 Likes

The 777-200LR to my knowledge it is the longest range twin engine plane I don’t know if the Dreamliner have surpassed that or not maybe the 787-10 has a longer range. It might be one of the two

1 Like

From what i know the 787-8 variant set record for the longest flight for the Dreamliner family on a flight between Seattle to Dhaka (no passengers, no cargo, only maximum amount fuel in the fuel tanks), that took 21h, and is possible to replicate in IF. You may go beyond that but not by much, once your pass over the border between Bangladesh and India, you’ll mostly likely run out of fuel an hour or so maximum, after crossing the border.

While on the other hand, the 777-200LR can fly quite a bit further, all the way to Delhi or even Karachi.

2 Likes

On IF first would be 777-200LR as discussed above and second 787-9. Don’t get 787-9s mixed with 787-8 or 787-10, they have smaller range.

1 Like

In the Dreamliner-Family the 787-9 has the longest range of them all!

787-8 Max Range: 15,200km (8,200nmi)
787-9 Max Range: 15,750km (8,500nmi)
787-10 Max Range: 12,964 km (7,000nmi)

Note that if the 787-9 would try it would be able to break the record of longest distance flown within the Dreamliner family which is currently held by 787-8.

Extra Info: 👇

And Emirates used operate 77L to San Francisco and LAX back in 2009 but uses a A380 nowadays since the A380-800 has the 4th longest range of any commercial jet today and is able to seat more passengers. It’s a win win for Emirates as those routes are highly demanded and profitable, Emirates only has 77W, 77L and A380, so they got only a few options to choose from and their business strategy is vastly different from other companies. Emirates believes in one flight a day with the ability to seat more passengers at once. So one flight to SFO & LAX a day but more peeps get to fly to there and A380 can make fly that ULH route as the route falls under the maximum range the A380 has.

1 Like

Boeing 777-200LR aircraft, is the plane with the farthest mileage at this time, the plane was dubbed as “worldiner”. Because maybe able to connect two airports in the world. This plane to my knowledge has a fairly long range distance. Has a range of more than 8.000nm. Because until now B77L still as the with longest range plane in the world. More information please check Boeing’s official website😀😊☺

2 Likes

So far the 777-200LR has the longest range in Infinite Flight, but don’t forget that if there are headwinds and that these winds could slow you down. :)

1 Like

In IF the longest range goes to the B772ER and the B77F. Both have over 25hrs of flight duration

1 Like

I’ve also flown Rio to Beijing (eastbound) in the 747-8. 26 hours.

1 Like

IF: 747-8
IRL: 77L

If thats what you were asking for

3 Likes

777-300ER and 777-200LR, 787-9 can get 20 hours on a business class only config. If however you want to do those good 23 hour flights like Barcelona to Auckland than your best bet is to do the 777-300ER.

The 747-8 does have good range but only if it is empty.
Never use the A380 on flights over 16 hours because it is a broken plane and your fuel will break down

2 Likes

I think its the 777-200LR, but i am not so sure…
It might can be the 787-9…

1 Like