Which of these more rare aircraft have you flown in?

I fly once every 2-3 months with different airline and planes

1 Like

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

1 Like

Looking forward to going on an Qantas A380 soon !

1 Like

I wish I had Concorde on my list, but alas will never be. I do have:
AC 788 TLV-YYZ
AF 380 CDG-JFK-CDG

2 Likes

Parents flew the Concorde to and from London. Other than that I’ve been on the A380. I’ll be on a 748i in the next year or so.

3 Likes

Lufthansa A380, only ever been in a concord in a museum.

2 Likes

sadly none

737-300 is the rarest I’ve been on. :(

A320 is the rarest for me xD

-300? Which airline was that?

1 Like

I have only ever been on:

• Jet2 B733 LBA - ???
  • Jet2 B738 LBA - ???
  • Ryanair B738 LBA - PMI
  • SAS B766/A320 MAN - ARN
  • easyJet A320 MAN - GVA
  • British Airways A320 LGW - DBV
  • British Airways A319 (‘Golden Dove’) DBV - LGW

Lucky you.

1 Like

Jet2 I think. I may be incorrect. This was before I became an avgeek.

1 Like

Nice list you have there, the BA ‘Golden Dove’ is one you should show off, that’s very rare!

Yeah, you’d think a ‘dove’ would gracefully rotate on takeoff roll…

Bad takeoff was it?

1 Like

Let’s set the scene:

It’s a beautiful sunny day in Dubrovnik, we head off to Cilipi where the airport is. I have no idea that we will be flying on the Golden Dove at this point. We go through the tiny bag check where locals are selling souvenir T-shirts that say ‘I [HEART] DUBROVNIK’. Plane is delayed for no reason (it’s not a busy airport. The only flights were a Finnair A319 and a grek 737. So I did some plane spotting. Then I saw the Golden Dove. At first it looks generic, but then I see the gold. Wait, wait, wait. We get on the plane via bus and stairs even though every jetway is empty and for some reason the aircraft is parked on the far side of the apron. We taxi out and hold short for a Norwegian.com flight to leave and then we go, departing out of the north runway (which,IIRC is numbered 14). No winds or anything. Peaceful ride down the runway, ever so slightly bumpy. BAM ROTATE now at 1,000ft climbing have a nice flight goodbye.

Annoyances do not please me.

4 Likes

Guys, I know you won’t believe this…but I’ve flown in a CESSNA 172…you heard me, take a while to soak that in…that’s it, read it and weep. I am willing to bet $300 that two other people on this forum HAVE NOT flown on this plane. This used to be “all that” back in the day. It’s unfortunate that those two people still haven’t flown on this rare plane… sigh…if only they sold more of them. Got it to be the most produced airplane or something like that, then I’m sure people would fly them. Oh well, maybe you guys can fly on one someday.

😜 Where is that troll emoji they have on slack.

4 Likes

This guy is a legend…

1 Like

Korean and Singapore airlines a380s both from LAX to NRT. Air Canada 787 from HND to YYZ.