Which New York Area Airport Do You Prefer - Multiple Polls

Please read the appropriate categories then vote. Feel free to add your reasoning in the comments

In terms of overall best airport:

• KJFK - John F Kennedy International Airport
  • KLGA - LaGuardia Airport
  • KEWR - Newark Liberty Airport
  • KISP - Long Island MacArthur Airport
  • KHPN - Westchester County Airport

0 voters

In terms of cost (cost to get there, park, general costs of flights, etc.)

0 voters

In terms of convenience (less delays, easy to get in/out of)

0 voters

In terms of diversity/aircraft variety

0 voters

In terms of modernity/cleanliness

0 voters

Discuss below!

7 Likes

I have a thread similar to this, take a scroll

Yup, but that one is locked and has less polls.

1 Like

Pretty hard to judge when I’ve only been to JFK

1 Like

Cool thread! I think LGA will soon be the most modern/clean,(once renovated) JFK has a huge variety of aircraft, and If I remember correctly, HPN has little to no delays, (and I’m pretty sure Newark is cheaper than the other two large airports.)

1 Like

One reason why I would prefer LGA the most over the other 2 is because Southwest flies there. Although they also fly to ISP, the drive from ISP to NYC would be pretty long

3 Likes

Pretty hard to judge too. But who the hell chooses LGA as overall (no offense @BigBert10, your entitled to your opinion)? Like that airport is discusting in my opinion.

1 Like

Its in the process of being renovated though.

That is true, but so is JFK.

1 Like

Terminal 5 at JFK is the best ever

2 Likes

It’s my favorite out of the three because Southwest flies there. It’s also in the process of renovating, so they will be much better in the future.

I will least likely fly to EWR because I’m not a United fan, and I won’t really want to fly to JFK because that airport, to me, is a living nightmare.

With ISP, it’s too far from everything, and Southwest does not fly to HPN.

I was only at Terminal One. :( I did get to see an A380 though. The entire class got to see it and I was bounding out of my chair.

You could make a thread formatted like a tournament based on all the factors above,(throughout the world or US) and unanimously find the IFC’s favorite airport. (just an idea)

To be honest, I’m pleasantly surprised that people consider Newark the cleanest. Terminal A and B are :, but Terminal C is 😍

Once the new LGA terminals are all complete, it’s going to be a pretty efficient and modern airport.

3 Likes

Great thread! Overall JFK is my favorite simply because it can’t be beat as an AvGeek. The plane variety there is awesome! LGA is a bit of a hassle, but at least with the new terminal it should be a lot better. I personally am not a fan of Newark. Good plane variety, but annoying to get to from Long Island.

For convenience, you can’t beat ISP. Always a breeze through security and so easy to get to compared to any other airport (at least from where I am on the east end of LI). Just wish we got some more airlines that aren’t a ULCC…don’t think I’ll ever give up hope on JetBlue flying there!😅

1 Like

I love LGA because of how quick and easy it is to get to. JFK is more diverse though.

1 Like

I mean… the only one I’m likely to visit is JFK

Living in PA, the convenience to drive to Newark airport is a lot eassier than JFK. JFK= more tolls, more traffic, bridges. Belt Pkway is nuts! When I traveled to India, I skipped the non stop emirates route from JFK to Dubai and instead went from Newark to Dubai via Athens in early 2018 (at the time, they did not have a nonstop to Dubai from Newark).

1 Like

Just my opinion, but:
How is LaGarbage in 2nd place? I understand that they are GOING to be better, but if we vote on “what could be” or “what will be” we can’t pick a winner because we don’t know what other airports may have planned for the future. Again, just my opinion, and I was just wondering why people picked KLGA.