Which Major U.S. Airline do you Think is the Best?

After a bit of inactivity, I thought I’d come back for a bit and post some topics, and I thought, “Which U.S. airline is the best? Alaska Air, Murican’ Airlines, Delta, or United?” I of course came up with Alaska Air, but I want to know your opinion!

So, which airline do you think is the best?

• Alaska Airlines
  • Delta Airlines
  • American Airlines
  • United Airlines

0 voters

(This excludes ultra low cost airlines, regional airlines, and minor airlines including but not limited to: Spirit Air, Sun Country, Frontier, Southwest, and JetBlue)

UPDATE: Please stop criticizing me, and if you want your jetBlue or Southwest, just go post it on your own! I’m fine with it! I consider Alaska because it is totally inclusive for a domestic U.S. airline!

11 Likes

I would’nt really consider Southwest a “minor” airline. I fly them a lot and they are defanently a major player in the US domestic market.

13 Likes

I can’t really answer this question since I’m not quite familiar with U.S airlines, but what I believe and think is a good airline is currently Delta in my opinion, Some people might have different opinions and that’s good. Everyone has common decency, and should respect someone’s choice.

1 Like

Delta, certainly has the BEST cabins. Ranging from the Mad Dog that looks like she’s in her prime to the Mr. Incredible A350 (get it?), Delta keeps their fleet up to date and fresh!

The mood lighting on the A321 is breathtaking and the suites on the A350 are contemporary

13 Likes

Hey! Where is Southwest Airlines?

4 Likes

Southwest is a budget airline so I think Alaska should also be removed

8 Likes

Yes. I think this poll is comparing the legacy airlines not budget. The only problem is that the budget airlines are more popular like SWA, JBU, ASK, and NK

3 Likes

I’m confused why Alaska is on there. They operate two hubs and just a handful of focus cities all on the west coast. I don’t think they qualify as a major US airline especially when Southwest, granted it’s a budget airline, is 10 times larger.

10 Likes

what two hubs? Seattle, Portland, and Anchorage could all be considered hubs before the VX merger. They have an entire concourse at ANC. it’s not just a focus city. After all, “Most West Coast”

Edit: Southwest is a LCC. So is JetBlue. There’s a reason why they aren’t on here. If it matters that much to you, make your own poll. I for one won’t stop you.

3 Likes

JetBlue isn’t so minor. 6th biggest in the country. You actually forgot southwest too.

The top 7 “major” US carriers are

1. Delta
  2. Southwest
  3. American
  4. United
  5. Alaska/VX
  6. jetBlue
  7. Spirit
6 Likes

I’m confused why jetBlue and southwest aren’t on there lol. Hawaiian is a major as well.

3 Likes

For me is American Airliners!

2 Likes

American Airliners is not a airline😂

JK I understand you ment American Airlines

5 Likes

IMO, Alaska is major, they have incredible service, tasty meals, excellent customer service, friendly crew, and all inclusive stuff including lounges and first class and premium.

From now on, I’m basing it on airlines that have at least premium/business, over 20 destinations, at least 50 aircraft, and this is limited to domestic U.S., including Alaska and Hawaii. So if it’s JetBlue, tell me, and I’ll make it JetBlue! And I just don’t appreciate that no constructive criticism is used, It’s all plain criticism. So please just correct me instead!

3 Likes

And to everyone, here’s a list of LCCs, ULCCs, and and STC & Inclusive Airlines:

LCCs:

Southwest
Frontier
JetBlue

ULCCs:

Spirit
Sun Country

STC & Inclusives:

American
Delta
United
Alaska

4 Likes

I’m really in the fence here. I’ve only been on Delta but these all look like great airlines.

1 Like

I took a flight on United from KIAD to KSAN just yesterday on a B739; service was really good

3 Likes

Where Hawaiian ?

Delta has really old planes but yet they maintain them so well like the mad dogs 712 757
Those old planes may look like new planes when u walk in.
Not to mention the A350:). They really stepped their game up in terms of quality
and the new business class is just 🔥

Never had Any issues apart from one lost bag and that’s really it

3 Likes

How is southwest not on this list but Alaska is. Southwest and JetBlue are major domestic airlines in the US like Alaska. Along with Frontier and Spirit. All are domestic airlines, but are major ones in the US.

2 Likes

Delta is just the best! Their A350 Business Class is amazing!

5 Likes