Which joystick

Hi guys im thinking of buying q joystick for IF to use with my ipad air. Just wondering has anyone use or is using a joystick and its it worth getting, if so witch joystick would you recommend thanks

I currently use the Logitech Attack 3. It’s a bit old, but works a charm. Better still, you can get them super cheap on a lot of online stores.

1 Like

Appreciate it thank you

I ordered this https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00009OY9U?ref=ppx_pt2_mob_b_prod_image
one a few days ago I will let you know how it works.

1 Like

I use a logitech extreme 3d pro. So far i enjoy using it for the past few months. But it a huge learning curb if you were use to controlling with 2 hands.

I am still not perfect but yeet

2 Likes

Please do thank you and best of luck with it

Appreciate your feedback thanks

Get the thrustmaster. It is very good I use it all of the time

1 Like

Thanks buddy

Thrustmaster has a throttle and a joystick. It also feels very smooth while flying. The only issue with it is that there is a little resistance with the throttle at the middle. It would seem logical, because moving the throttle would give the plane thrust, and moving it backwards would be reverse thrust. In infinite flight, when the power is idle, you are actually going with 50 percent throttle. Hence, if you did full reverse normally, in infinite flight you would be idle. Here is a picture of it:

Credit: https://images.app.goo.gl/yjwuWny5aa4FsLQn9

3 Likes

It does look pretty good to be honest I like the idea of trust and control instead of just control thanks for your feed back appreciate it

1 Like

Logitech 3D extreme pro. It’s cheap and not over kill for a iPad flight simulator. But it’s also very smooth.

Anything like a thrust master and above I would save for a desktop class flight sim.

1 Like

Do these require an external input or can they Bluetooth to a phone(Samsung galaxy note 9)

I am just about to buy one now

Not of I require some sort of elaborate set up tho

I don’t know about android. For iOS you need to connect The joystick to a computer which connects to your phone.

I see, I’ll just have to YouTube it I guess

1 Like

You can use this tutorial it might help.

2 Likes