Which is the easiest plane to land?

777/A359. The gear tilt makes the landings so much sexier.

If we had tire smoke, the landings would be even more sexy.

1 Like

A350 a320 and 787, 737 are pretty easy to land, and takeoff, but in the case of a320 and 737 if you pull up right after Vr, you tend to go to the sideways a little bit, I’ve noticed this.
Surprisingly, Cessna 172 is pretty hard to takeoff with as it has a weak engine and you just have to be patient with it, especially if you’re too used to jet liners. Oh, and the citation x is pretty easy too.
I’ve found McDonnell Douglas planes pretty hard to land tho, nevertheless, manageable. You have to keep going at 190 knots or so in these planes when landing, and even then your angle of attack will be 5 degrees, which is a bit unsafe, I guess? Dunno.

2 Likes

This is perfectly normal for the DC10/MD11 family, 190kts is a bit fast, you can easily land at 150 just fine, just have to trust that you will stay in the air. At full flaps you can lose a fair amount of speed without gaining too much extra pitch.

5 Likes

F16 the easiest by far hahaha

The A330 and it’s not even close, how hasn’t anybody said that

2 Likes

id say the A 320 and the a321I know I said T-tails were rough but the CRJ-200 I Greased a landing on

1 Like

I think we should we looking at it from the context of what you are used to flying. for me that is the 77W. but if wanted to fly the a320 for example i would have to take the planes lower overall height into consideration when your about to flare, plus the VREF speeds also

2 Likes

Definitely the A350 😌

3 Likes

Me too. It flies gracefully, its controllability is just right, handles smoothly, lands well, takeoffs and landings are considerably shorter than most planes its size (787, 777), it really is perfect.

1 Like

By the way the 777-300ER is not far behind. It flies quite well too, what loses out to the A350 is that turns are not as smooth and takes up more runway than it should. A problem with it is that in my opinion, the main gear is put too far forward on the fuselage, making takeoffs a bit more susceptible to tailstrikes.

1 Like

yeah right! i always try to be very careful because it’s very vulnerable to tail strikes at takeoff

It will always be a plane with APPR

1 Like