Which gate do you go to?

Hey IFC, how do you know which gate you go to when you finish your flight? Does ATC tell you, or do you just have to know?

3 Likes

You just have to know. I spawn in my destination gate before my flight and memorize it. That is if you’re trying to be realistic.

5 Likes

You can choose to go to any gate once you land.

ATC will not force you to a specific gate.

2 Likes

I pre-research the arrival gate if I’m going to a controlled airport. If it is an uncontrolled airport, I exit the app after landing and check what the real world flight parked at.

ATC can’t make you park at a specific gate.

3 Likes

Thanks! I wish they could tho!

When I land, I usually go to any gate I want. But, when I select my starting position for a gate (before my flight starts), I research by looking at the airline, and what terminal it usually originates from at a specific airport… and incorporate that into IF.

2 Likes

I always use the gates/terminal the airline Im using goes to. But you can really park where ever. I just like to be extra hahah

1 Like

ATC doesn’t tell you, but I try to be realistic. Either I know what terminal the airline flies to at that airport, and if I don’t, I usually look up a recent flight by the airline I’m flying on FR24, hope the airport has ground data, and see which gate that flight went to.
I just like realism. :P

5 Likes

Haha thank you!

1 Like

You kind of just have to know.

I usually look up my arrival airport and what terminal a certain airline uses. Then, I look for an airport map and just look at the layout of the terminals and try to find the same in Infinite Flight

1 Like

me and my lazy self just goes to the first spot i see.

2 Likes

You have to do a little bit of research if you want to be realistic.

Depending on the airport, especially for people like me who does return flights to my home base, I see which gate my return flight is scheduled to leave then I leave from that same gate. If I’m at my home base then I will see the departure gate for my next planned flight and park there

2 Likes

I like to go if a bigger aircraft I assume to find the biggest parking gate 😂 If a smaller airport I would go to a random one

1 Like

I try to go to the most realistic gate possible. Just how I rule. Realism is key for me!:)

2 Likes

If you want to be realistic, you can always check with Google Earth to see which terminal in that airport is for the airline you are flying, and the correct gate for your aircraft type. Since Google have done a great job removing aircrafts from the map at many airports, just search a flight of that airline to that airport on Flightaware and it’ll tell you the gate number.

Otherwise, just follow the similar steps from above to find a gate that accepts your aircraft type. Don’t park a 777 at a gate that only accepts 737s/a320s.

1 Like

I search [Insert airport here] terminal map, and it pulls up a picture of the gates at the airport. Then, I compare it to an overview of the airport in free mode. Using distinguishing factors, such as the gate being 3 from the end of the terminal, I find my gate.

FR24 tells me everything I need to know with gates.

1 Like

Yep that’s the best way.

Just make sure you don’t go to a 737 gate in an A380 and your good

2nd part wasn’t made for you Czechoslovaki

1 Like

Flightaware a good one too. Also airport diagrams on google will help you a lot. Type “ICAO (airport code) diagrams” it’s gives you a good view of the airport and taxiways to taxi to the correct terminal or even gate!

Yea flight aware or FR24

1 Like