Which airport is your favourite to fly to?

It might be because of an amazing approach, beautiful scenery, or some other reason, but which airport on IF do you love flying into the most?

1 Like

Has to be KMIA. Not just because it was just 3D but overall, it’s a really nice airport.

3 Likes

Lukla duh

1 Like

I can’t decide between NZQN, RKSI or VHHH. NZQN has a stunning RNP that guides you through mountains and then into the valley in which the airport is located in. RKSI has a beautiful approach/departure on both sides because it’s situated on an island surrounded by water and some busy shipping lanes because it is right next to the port of Incheon. VHHH has a stunning approach into the 25’s. I can’t really describe it, so you should try it out yourself.

3 Likes

I’ll have to try it at some point

Seattle, Miami, Tampa, Orlando, and KDCA

1 Like

Love the scenery of LOWW, when you approach to runway 16 you have below a lot of beautiful fields and also the Alps are on the horizon.

1 Like

KJAC, KGPI, LSZH, NTAA, and KLAS are some of my faves.

2 Likes

Austria really does have some amazing approaches. I know this is very basic, but I really like the approach to Runway 08 at LOWI. The scenery + complexity makes it one of the best approaches in the world.

1 Like

For me it’s an airport without an ils approach so many of the smaller Greek islands such as Kos (LGKO) or Karpathos ( LGKP) are quite fun as I normally take the auto pilot off around 2000ft and fly her all the way down, I recommend it, it’s a good challenge if there’s a nice crosswind 😂

1 Like

CYYZ for sure

1 Like

Mexico City (MMMX), I love the views on approach, specially for runways 05R and 05L

LSGG my home airport or LPPT which is so underrated…

TFFF and TFFR .

SNA for sure. Lovely approach, and definitely has it’s challenges for sure because you have to deal with such a short runway. Also, the departure is definitely challenging due to the fact that you are firstly dealing with such a short runway (meaning that you have do to a static takeoff depending on your take-off weight), and the fact that you have to do climb at a very fast rate for noise abatement. I would definitely recommend SNA to all of those pilots out there who are looking to challenge themselfs! One of my favorite airports!

SEQM (high elevation), SEGU, KMIA and KATL (KJFK also but it has no jetbridges)

1 Like

KPSP (Palm Springs) is my favorite. It’s a nice airport and very few people fly into it!

Cleveland since it is indeed my home airport

KSLC (Salt Lake City) is very underrated.

1 Like

Extremely hard to answer just because I love so many! My new favorites however are Dubrovnik and Tivat!