Where's Princess Juliana's Beach and Road?

There should be more land extending from the runway for the beach. And why did the Airport Editing team remove the road?

I know it’s minor stuff, but still, it should get fixed sometime.

15 Likes

Yeah, even though it was such a tiny detail, I miss the road.

13 Likes

If the road is part of the airport, it stays. If it’s not then it gets removed.

4 Likes

I mean, it’s goes alongside the end of the runway, so I mean… In a way, it was part.

I get that it’s not part of the airport, but I still miss it. It showed how close your landing gear was to the gate.

6 Likes

If you turn your graphics up it should be fine. They removed the road because it isn’t actually part of the airport.

1 Like

I’ll add if you guys want it…

12 Likes

From where to where?

Just a small portion. :)

3 Likes

The road was probably removed because it is outside of the airport fence/boundary. It can be added easily though, except don’t let Dush do it. Dush doesn’t know how to edit airports. 😉

2 Likes

We want it!

1 Like

Definitely :D

They used to have the road, man. Here’s a picture from last August.
Just to show how it looked. Also, the runway shouldn’t extend onto the beach.

2 Likes

Really Tristin? That’s so bad of you

3 Likes

MaxSez: Agree an edit would be nice. Don’t care about the beach road but ; 10 is displaced, the hash marks (V’s) are ICAO Rwy marking requirements.

We have them Vs in our code. Infinite Flight can’t render them yet

2 Likes

@dush19… Noted. Thanks for the follow up. Warm Regard old expert friend, Max

3 Likes

I remember driving down that road to get to Maho. A WinAir Twin Otter flew above us as we were getting out of the car. It would bring back so many memories to get it back.

You know I’m just teasing Dush. ;P

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.