Where to stop at the ramp?

Hello guys!
I’d like to know at which line at the ramp do I need to stop?

Depends on the size of you aircraft. The larger you aircraft is, the farther in you go

4 Likes

It really depends on how big your aircraft is. In real life most gates will have aircraft type markings next to those little lines, such as ‘A320’, ‘B738’, ‘A380’ next to indicate where the aircraft should stop to ensure it fits in correctly and to ensure it lines up with airbridges etc and doesn’t encroach on the taxiway

2 Likes

You could check airport maps or Google maps if you want, find the gate, and IRL there should be aircraft names next to the lines to find out which one is yours.

1 Like

I’ve found that that google maps doesn’t really have a high enough satellite imagery resolution to see the markings themselves, only the lines

2 Likes

It depends on the area, at some airports you can read that.

5 Likes

If you are exiting the app straight after parking then it’s not a major issue

However, if you are planning to do a turnaround flight or are sitting there just be aware of your surroundings and make sure you are not blocking/preventing other traffic from taxiing past you

2 Likes

Thank you guys for your replies

This is an example from real life :)

4 Likes

What I do is that I spawn at my arrival gate before I start the flight so I know at what line I need to stop at.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.