Where to spot at Bozeman?

I’m currently in Bozeman and looking to go spotting. I checked plane spotters guide for spots but there are no results which is why I am asking here. Does anyone know any good spots?

3 Likes

@NathanD might have a few suggestions

2 Likes

Adding on. @plane_guy12 and @PlaneCrazy might know some spots.

2 Likes

Hello @Brody_Swiatek!
Lions Gate Park in Belgrade is right next to the end of runway 12 and has a great view departing and arriving airplanes.

Here’s where the park is at.

Another great area that I know of is the parking garage. It’s attached to the airport and is really easy to get to. You can get some really nice views of the runway and taxiway along with the ramp.

2 Likes

Well each level has a fence blocking the view unless the top level is different. I saw it when I was grabbing my rental car.

1 Like

Sadly it’s all blocked off on all levels. Although if you’re careful then you can find a sweet spot in the fence where you get just the airplane and none of the fence.

1 Like

Well, I was able to grab a picture while I was there. It’s to hard to get a good photo. I’ll probably try and go where you recommend.

1 Like

Yeah I would recommend Lions Gate Park. You can get some really nice photos and you have a nice backdrop for them too!

1 Like

Yea, the nice mountains.

1 Like

@Rian16

Ohhh sorry didn’t read that- scratch that!

I agree with @NathanD , Lions Gate Park and the parking garage are definitely the best places. Have fun in Bozeman, this is an amazing area!

2 Likes

Hey @Brody_Swiatek! Hope you’re having fun in Bozeman right now! I have three spots that i go to regularly that you can get SUPER close to the planes at. I don’t really gave the exact address of them but here are some pics of the spots from Apple Maps.

2 Likes

Also if you choose one of these, choose according to the landing runway 😁😁

1 Like

Obviously not the 3rd. It seems it’s very rare to land on the south side. Is there any security that I should know about?

1 Like

No security what so ever @Brody_Swiatek

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.