Where to fly in the London region?

Hey guys so recently I was flying a short flight in the Airbus A318 British Airways and I was tired of flying the regular route that I fly which is London Heathrow to Gatwick. So anyway I decided to pick a random airport and it ended up being Sandown or whatever it is called. So I departed London Heathrow cruised for a little while then it was time for approach. I started descending . About 500 feet in the air I realized it was a short grass runway. And it was midnight and the last thing I wanted to do was divert to another airport. At that point I knew there was no way out so I landed the plane with all wheels on the ground I had my brakes on, thrust reversers, spoilers, literally everything to slow down it wasn’t enough. So I did what no other pilot in infinite pilot probably did. I veered of the runway onto the taxi way to avoid overshooting the runway. Luckily the plane stopped although 10 injuries were reported. So you all know what happened I got sued and have to pay off a big bill. Now I know all of you are thinking… Get to the point Gman. So basically what I am trying to say is if anyone has any good routes to fly in the London region because I don’t know any. Now I know I could of checked the airport before I flew there but I was really tired and there was no time for that nonsense. Hopefully you guys liked the little story. Thanks :)

5 Likes

EGLC-EGHH
EGHH-EGBB
EGLC-EGBB
Birmingham is one of my favorite airports :)
EGHH is Bournemouth I think

5 Likes

From EGLL or EGKK (Heathrow and Gatwick) going up to EGBB (Birmingham) those are both really njce flights. I do them often.

3 Likes

EGKK to EGNX is a nice flight. Pretty long, too.

2 Likes

EGKK-EGBB is probably one of the longest jetliner capable routes in the London region.

1 Like

Too bad EGNX has no waypoints near it. Could go from Bournemouth EGBH to some other places.

Please don’t advertise

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.