Where should I practice for my practical?

I have passed my written test for IFATC and my practical is in a few hours. Where do you think is a good place to control?

3 Likes

You should contact your recruiter and ask them!

Did you apply for training?

5 Likes

No. I am asking what the community thinks is a good spot to practice.

2 Likes

Open up an ATC tracking thread! This way you can invite people to practice with you.

2 Likes

I already have one open

1 Like

So use it then 😉

Say that you’re open, and hopefully people will come.

1 Like

Training sessions are the best way to practice. You should communicate with your recruiter to get training sessions. These will be with IFATC members, and you will receive feedback from your trainer.

If you really don’t want to do training, I’d go for an airport with parallel runways.

5 Likes

KSSC is often used by aspiring IFATC. Like @Will_A said, anywhere with parallel runways will do.

4 Likes

I will open but I want to know where. Like which airports

1 Like

Thank you @TaipeiGuru. I’ll go there

That’s San Jose right?

2 Likes

I’d use a airport that has a solid ramp for GA and with double runways AWAY from major hubs like LAX, SFO, LHR, AMS etc etc… my choices would be KSSC, KLSV, KBOI.

2 Likes

Shaw AFB, in Carolina. :)

3 Likes

Great. Hopefully some of you guys come out and thanks for answering my questions!

5 Likes

Good luck with your practical!

1 Like

I hope you pass, good luck

2 Likes

If your looking for an intersection runway airport KSAV is a nice one I believe IFATC uses. Good luck on your practical!

1 Like

Good luck for your practical!

1 Like

Same goes for EDDH! Also a nice one :-).

2 Likes

Airports with parallel runways.
Moody AFB
Shaw AFB
Düsseldorf airport.

Although EGLL, KLAX and OMDB (just to name a few) have parallel runways, don’t use them, you may get pilots who are not familiar with using ATC.

1 Like

I passed my practical! Thank you all for your airport suggestions

10 Likes