Where should I fly to get good shots for a cinematic?

Hey guys!
I am going to attempt a cinematic. I have not flown the world yet, so I wanted to know if you guys knew any stunning areas that I should capture for the video. If you could say what airport is in/near that region.

Also: If anyone could tell me how to get the amazing moon shots. :)
Thanks!

2 Likes

Try an approach at TNCM. Theres another place that has a stunning approach that I can’t remember the name of, Ill get back to you on that.

KJAC was stunning! (Jackson Hole, Wyoming). The airport is completely surrounded by mountains.

I would also bet Anchorage (or really anywhere in Alaska below 60 degrees latitude) would be nice.

2 Likes

Tivat! That view is absolutely beautiful!

(Make sure you approach on runway 14 if you are doing solo, unless you want to spawn inside a mountain ;)

1 Like

Probably innsbruck as you approach through the mountains which are mostly covered in snow

Hey Man!!

Have a look there, you might find some flights you like ;-)

Happy Landings!!

I flew down to KMLF (some random regional airport in the Utah desert) yesterday.

It looked awesome

1 Like

Anywhere with snow-capped mountains

try around Mount, Everest, I’ve flown there with a 787 and got some amazing shots!!

Seattle area is a great option.

1 Like

Also, try out the Bahamas or the Maldives (VRMM) - the water is amazing!

1 Like

Petropavlovsk-Kamchatka Airport (UHPP). It’s surrounded by mountains, and they are really something to see, especially after crossing over a little bit of ice-filled Siberia. :)aeroflot_Il-96-300

2 Likes

I would recommend doing KSLC-KABQ and fly towards KGCN (Grand Canyon along with amazing scenery in Utah to beautiful Albuquerque!! Then you can say that you’ve flown in 3 states :)

1 Like

I loved the coast of Sydney, Australia and Auckland, NZ… amazing scenery !

NTAA with either a B787 (Air Tahiti Nui) or a C208. Its an amazing island

But that island is not covered in the HD scenery areas. I spawned at Bora Bora and looks awful. I also flew to Fiji and it was the same.

Approach into queenstown, Ill PM you the approach route I used later today, set it to sunset and you’ll get some great results. HD scenery and snow topped peaks

Hawaii I did a flight from PHNL to PKOA and it was amazing

Kabul, you get good view of mountains ;)

The alps look great with some low level fog.