Where Planes Die @ KVCV

Welcome to the 262nd edition of spotting with Kamryn, today we tour the 2nd largest boneyard in the world, Southern California Logistics Airport or SCLA for short.

This airport is known for the main boneyard for majority of retiring aircraft. It’s also known to be a maintenance hub where aircraft may get worked on to fly again.

I also unfortunately didn’t get the opportunity to drive to the north ramp because the sun was basically down while catching the last few photos.

Starting over at the GE Testing Hanger, a few maxes are parked from various european and asian airlines.

Here’s Korean Airlines’ 737-8 Max in vibrant blue.

A Lucky Air 737-8 Max being worked on. 🔧

Moving over to the Boeing Hanger, a couple aircraft are parked over here.

Visara’s 787-9 Parked on the ramp being stored, this one’s for you @anon84779990 😉

A really awesome Mexican Air Force 737-800. This one’s having an engine replacement.

Also fitted with split scimitars 🤩

And it’s older CFM International CFM56.

A Southwest 737-700 stored since 2019. 🥲

A couple 6 year old A359’s retired by LATAM.

It’s an interesting story, LATAM couldn’t support them, read more here.

Another couple Southwest 737-800’s parked forever.

Notice the engine fowling on the right hand side. 👀 And an engine gutted from a 737-700 in front of the nose of the left 737-800.

Gear

Canon Rebel EOS 250D
Canon Rebel EOS 450D [OLD]
Tamron 18-270mm F/3.5-6.3
Tamron 100-400mm F/4.5-6.3
Manfrotto Carbon Fiber Tripod

Social Media

Instagram
JetPhotos
YouTube

85 Likes

Yeah…what on earth happened there?

Definitely a unique spotting topic, nice job Blitz!

4 Likes

Really nice shots!

1 Like

It’s just now I notice a Canyon Blue behind the other Southwest without engines 😂

4 Likes

Crazy how brand new A359s are retired, nice photos though.

3 Likes

great photos, very interesting at latam already retired a350’s

2 Likes

Wait, were you talking about that Heart on the right? I was talking about that Canyon Blue 😂

1 Like

okay this is amazing.

1 Like

I know right, they could’ve atleast gone to a new operator but instead they’re parked on dirt.

1 Like

Absolutely stunning!!!

Interesting

Nice pics bro!

2 Likes

Very interesting shots here @ItsBlitz!

1 Like

Really cool pics…sad to see the planes just sitting there instead of being in the air. 😢

1 Like

Ah yes, ay-jae-n

1 Like

The LATAM A350s make me sad…

2 Likes

Greta shots! You must be lucky to go spotting ALOT

1 Like

You Local to Victorville? I live in Rosamond haha

I live in Vegas but I’m on a trip in San Diego, just stopped on the way and it was my first time in VCV actually.

S P E E D

Great photos!

4 Likes

You still out this way by chance. Victorville is just the icing on the cake… if you can check out Plant 42 in Palmdale, Edwards AFB, Foxfied Airport, Mojave.

1 Like