0 voters

ATC Controller Perspective

• A.
  • B.
  • C.
  • D.
  • E.

0 voters

I know that this is dependent on variables like traffic density and aircraft type, but I see a lot of different pattern sizes in the game. Just curious if there is a general consensus.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

5 Likes

Always make room for Matt’s signature approach!

4 Likes

I was tower once at the edge of the map and he actually turned at around A.5 (haha it’s a thing now) so I caught him out biig time. There’s me thinking I’m really cool because I “made” Matt turn early! ohgodIreallyneedalife

I think people giving contradicting answers here. ATC know anything over 10nm final is good to get the departure out and keep good spacing and line for the ones on final. But as pilot all want start base at 10nm or less. That’s where most incidence happens. Either don’t want to do 360 or maintain right approach speed. The glideslope is the hot spot in playground server. All fighter jet turning base at D,E is joke no respect for the passenger jets.

1 Like

I wouldn’t take fighters turning base at D,E as an insult. That is actually very realistic! Although they do not operate like that when they are in traffic at commercial airports, it is very common at military bases.

F-16 HUD Pattern YouTube clip

2 Likes

1 Like

I usually turn between A and B, most if the time I would make around 135° to 160° turn. So when I’m on ILS it’ll be straight on. This ex. For 180° runway.

And Tyler ;)

There’s always the problem (Sorry to moan on about this again like an old man!) of pilots not being educated. So I say, I’ll call you base, because I have traffic on final, and yet then they turn base, whilst acknowledging my transmission!!

I like to think I do them in the A380 too ;-)

Haha, Your patterns tho ;)