Where Did Your Love Of Aviation Begin?

The most memorable time for me was sitting on a ATR looking out the window bound for NZPM from NZCH at the gate seeing the massive 777-200er takeoff bound for Singapore but maybe it wasn’t that time maybe it started when I was so young I had just learned to walk my parents where taking me to visit the other half of me in Japan we where at Sydney bound for Narita and out the window at our gate was our 747-400. My love of Aviation has been an ongoing passion since my very young days growing up I have been surrounded by Aviation yet so far from it as well with living far away from any airport. So I ask you where did your love of Aviation begin?

9 Likes

When I was around 7 years old,and I was just sitting on the benches at a park,and I was surprised when a 737(which I identified as a 787 😂) came on short final! It was a park close to the airport. I would always ride on a plane every year to visit the rest of my family in Japan(I used to live in the US),and have ridden on the 747,737,777,787,and A320.

I wanted to get to see planes up close,and that’s when I started to love aviation,and one thing led to another,and that’s why I’m here now chatting which you guys on the IFC.

6 Likes

I went to Kennedy Space Center in the 6th grade (around 2010), and thought spaceflight and the space shuttle program were the most amazing thing.

Since then it’s evolved into a love of aviation in general (as non-space flight is more realistic and attainable). Throughout middle and high school I spent countless hours playing around on FSX. Aviation has just stuck with me ever since!

3 Likes

I live in a country where the world’s best airport exist: Singapore Changi. Although it is a small country, it is every Singaporean’s pride to have Changi Airport as the best best airport in the world. My love for aviation began when I was 6 when I and my parents arrived at the airport to take the world’s first A380 flught from Singapore to London Heathrow, of which the first deluvery was made on 2008. As Singapore Airlines operated this for the first time, I was on of the few fascinated by the sheer size of the aircraft, feeling the amazement of such a huge object which is able to take to the skies. From then my love for aviation grew, and in 2015 paid for a year of Infinite Flight just to fly the A380. From there, through Wendover’s Production and Captain Joe allowed me to learn takeoff speeds, the calculation itself, and also the various things that a pilit require to fly an aircraft. Now, I myself is looking forward to train in a youth flying club to train for my future, which is to attain ATPL in the near future.

3 Likes

I was on an AirTran flight from KATL-KSFO ik, the bad KSFO and I just enjoyed that flight so much and that prompted me to wanting to become a pilot

3 Likes

I was outside playing basketball at the age of 5 when I saw 2 contrails which I thought was a rocket.And I told my self I want to be in the air so my love of aviation began there and gradually increased.2 years later I went on a flight from Boston to Washington on Jetblue and thats when I made my mind up that I ant to stick to this hobby.

5 Likes

for me it was not very difficult to fall in love with aviation because I came from a family of aviators, the first pilot I met in life was my grandfather, he was the first person to introduce me to an airplane and I went with him on my first flight. life, two of the 7 children (my uncles) that he had are also pilots, and of course I could not do anything other than being a pilot, I’m in my last year of the course, it’s a shame he’s not here to see me finish

3 Likes

It was quire recent, when I started research on the concorde programme, I soon shortly found out about the Soviet and American efforts, and it all just exploded from there

3 Likes

I can’t remember. Probably because I was born with it

6 Likes

11-12 years old. I was going to Spain with my soccer club. I only knew United Airlines because I lived in Chicago and my family had miles with them, as well as KLM because I flew them once before. I then was flying Iberia and never heard of the airline. I got nervous for some reason, Iberia scared me but they were a great airline, and watched 3 days straight of planes landing. I was instantly hooked and wasn’t scared when I got on the aircraft, I took it all in!

3 Likes

Definetly when I randomly got asked by the flight crew to visit the flight deck of a Singapore Airlines a380 when I was 6. It was almost like the crew could see a potential avgeek in me! Also my uncle is a flight instructor, so he’s been an amazing mentor and helped fill my love for aviation.

3 Likes

I developed my love because of my dad’s friend. He flew a Cherokee and flew around my house once. That moment I knew I wanted to fly.

3 Likes

1 year old haha

5 Likes

once upon a time…
WestJet737767 rode on a KLM 777
the end.

10 Likes

Because of extreme landings where i like challenges…
Then when infinite flight showed up i started hated it because of money…
Then when i was 10 i was playin xplane10 mobile wich was the flaps gone wrong.
Then 2019 i finally have a gift card so i whent back ti I.F then its very fun

3 Likes

I’m not really interested in planes, but rather more in airlines. This started with me watching lots of trip reports, and reading onemileatatime.com, but I can identify every plane because for every plane an airline operates it😉

4 Likes

When I was a kid several Chinooks flew to my home town, that’s when the helicopter bug hit and the aviation bug started I was a year or two old

5 Likes

I caught it when I flew an A330 from Auckland to Fiji. And from there I wanted to be a pilot…

Until my eyesight became poor so I now am aiming for Flight Attendant!

7 Likes

When I flew on my first plane(a southwest 737) when I was 3. And my interest just took off pike a rocket ship and now I’m WAY WAY WAY smarter about aviation than I should be at my age according to some pilots I took a pilot worthiness survery.

3 Likes

When I came back from Rhodes island in Greece I came back in a Thomas Cook A330 and I just loved planes ever since then

3 Likes