When will I be a TL2?

I have been on the community since June 9th. I come here every single day to see what is going on here. I am being as active as I can. I have read other people’s posts to try to answer my question by I still have no answer. Staff members say to continue posting, reading, sharing and liking. I have done all of that since I first got here. I am dying to create an event series and to post in the features category. Is my trust level locked? Do staff only promote ones they like. Is it automatic? All these questions with no answer. However, I do say that I find it unfair that I am a very active member here on the IFC and that the only answer I get is «keep posting, sharing and liking and you’ll be there in no time». I have done that and nothing has changed. Please help me!

8 Likes

You have to keep going like the staff says.

2 Likes

That’s exactly what i’m doing!

5 Likes

Search here, Why I have not reach tl* yet

4 Likes

Of course I read that post or else I wouldn’t have created this topic!

3 Likes

You have 7 topic created, I think you must have 10 topic created.

2 Likes

Well I can tell you that getting angry about it certainly does not help. You really just need to persevere. It took me a while too, but it was worth the wait.

3 Likes

Ok, thanks for that. :) What else do I need.

2 Likes

There is requirement if you click this link, Understanding discourse trust levels

1 Like

I thought staff changed those requirements.

3 Likes

This is the requirement for Trust level 2.

• visiting at least 15 days, not sequentially
  • casting at least 1 like
  • receiving at least 1 like
  • replying to at least 3 different topics
  • entering at least 20 topics
  • reading at least 100 posts
  • spend a total of 60 minutes reading posts
4 Likes

I have looked at your profile and you’ve given 3 likes, I assume this is one of the reasons that is holding you back.

3 Likes

It says at least 1 like.

2 Likes

This is the default for discourse, each different community can change them, that is what the IFC did.

4 Likes

Yes, you need 10 topic created before you can upgrade to TL2.

That’s it and then i’m good to be a TL2?

1 Like

I think you are missing the point in IFC’s reasoning behind this, they want you not to be obsessed with TLs and whatnot but instead just being a helpful part of the community.

5 Likes

Check this thread out mate

1 Like

I understand all that but it’s just that I really want to create an event series and also be able to post in the features category.

1 Like

Wait what???

Then care to explain how come i’m TL3 and have only created 5 topics so far ;)

The Default Discourse Requirements are not the same as the ones here on IFC. IFC has slight different requirements, and those information are held as a secret from us by the Mods and Staff so users here doesn’t farm their way up to higher TL’s without actually acquiring them truthfully.

What the OP (@Philippe_Gilbert), has to do is to be patient, keep doing what he is doing and he should be TL2 soon. It took me personally a month or two, it really all depends on how active you are, how much you contribute, and also not to get flagged too often.

11 Likes