When will fog be addressed?

Hey IFC,
I don’t mean to sound rude, but when will the issue with not being able to see fog in Live be solved? It seems like it doesn’t matter, but it does. This has been an issue for quite some time and I don’t see any information about when it will be solved. This is an important issue in my opinion because it adds a lot of extra challenge and realism. Again, not trying to be rude, I know devs put in a lot of work but it seems every time I ask nicely I get “It will be fixed soon.” This has been an issue from before 20.1 was even released.
Thanks

5 Likes

It’s been an issue for a long time. Complaining does nothing. We don’t have the answers. We won’t give you an answer. After all, what answer should we give you? How are we to know? Be patient, the devs are working their butts off day in and day out for your benefit. The least you can do is to be thankful for what you have.

1 Like

I was very much complaining and being ungrateful

2 Likes

This is the answer you’ll be receiving every time, no matter if it’s nice or rude. We don’t know. You’ve been here long enough to know that, and I know that. Besides, how is the community supposed to know?

1 Like

I’ve said this many times and got the same answer as you. The best we can do now is wait and be patient but we could only wait for so long. I know they were working on clouds right now so maybe they will also add low level fog in with the next update.

1 Like

I can understand that perfectly but I find it easier to understand if I get “we don’t know at the moment and we don’t have an eta” but I get your point. I’m not trying to start an argument here but thanks

“We don’t have an eta” and “it will be fixed soon” are on the same level lol

Kinda lol but soon could be today or tomorrow while “not having an eta” is more obvious that it won’t be anytime soon. Anyways, thanks

1 Like

Relax buddy. Its just a question.

21 Likes

Project Metal will help with the fog rendering. So it is actively being worked on.

13 Likes

Mods, such as @Chris_S can give me an accurate estimate or at least valuable information, as he kindly just did.
Anyways, I’ll flag this for closure, thanks very much Chris.

2 Likes