When will Airports have designated IFATC operating them

So I am on my way to KDFW i’m about an hour and 11 minutes out and the IFATC schedule says that KDFW will have atc and I planned my flight around this but I don’t see that there is atc at KDFW on expert so when will IFATC begin there operation at KDFW

IFATC’s try their best to control as and when they are free. If not this time, you may get a controlled airport next time :)

2 Likes

I have looked at KDFW and to see that know Sebastian is there doing atc thank you very much Sebastian

1 Like

IFATC is volunterary. Controllers will open at a designated featured airport when they want to, but there’s never a promise that any airport in the schedule will be open at any given time.

6 Likes

Yes, DFW is listed as a featured airport but IFATC doesn’t stay open for continuous hours at airports. We can’t always guarantee service at a listed airport.

1 Like

Hey there,
So just to clear some things up, on the schedule Tyler posts every week. Highlighted regions will have airports we can control at, the team won’t control 24/7, but we get on as much as we can. So next time if it says that place is on the list as being covered by ifatc it doesn’t mean we will be there when you are arriving.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.