When to turn seat belt sign Off/On?

For me I turned off after 10,000ft when is no turbulence.

What about you guys?

5 Likes

I turn it off at 13,000 when there’s no turbulence. I keep it on until cruise if there is turbulence all the way up.

3 Likes

I keep it on the entire flight, as I don’t want my PAX lingering in the aisles.

14 Likes

What? Imagine a whole flight with no bathrooms 😂

4 Likes

Lol, then your Passengers cant go to bathroom 😂😂

2 Likes

Ya, maybe the virtual PAX should’ve chose a different pilot.

9 Likes

Depends on the flight time (same IRL from what I noticed). Very early (shortly after 10000 feet and finishing the steepest departure turns) on short flights or around 20000 feet on longer flights (if everything is smooth).

6 Likes

Depends on weather with turbulence then I keep them On then if no then No.

1 Like

Perfect example @JulianB!

2 Likes

Yah, for me it depends I like to do KASE-KDEN and KEGE-KDEN flights a lot for those I keep it on the whole time. For medium range flights usally 13000-15000 with nice weather and no turbulence. For my long hauls 20000 and I’ll turn it off. For desecent I keep it consistent around 12000-17000 Ill turn it on.
Sorry that this is so long

2 Likes

Thank you!

2 Likes

Under normal ops, I turn it on/off at 10,000. If there’s turbulence anytime during the flight, I keep the seat belt sign on until 20 minutes after the turbulence has stopped.

3 Likes

I keep it on all the time. No one but me can use that lavatory.

4 Likes

Lol, keep it on all time I might need to pee in bottle

2 Likes

That’s why we have an airsickness bag lol. Multitool!

4 Likes

From what I’ve read online (so obviously take it with a grain of salt) this is actually largely up to personal preference (on the part of the captain). Some turn it off at 10,000 in accordance with FAA regulations, some wait longer. But definitely not under 10,000.

2 Likes

I usually turn it off @ 13000 ft and climb 1800.

2 Likes

I turn the seatbelts off at cruise and when there’s no turbulence, if there’s turbulence, seatbelts on!

3 Likes

I keep it on the whole flight. I like to see how long they can go before they wet themselves 😂

5 Likes

I keep it on the whole flight because I’m away from my device most of the time I’m flying (such as right now, I am doing homework). Also because I have supreme control of the bathroom.

6 Likes