When to take off for long hauls?

Whats a great time to takeoff for long hauls?

Whenever is convenient for you. You have all the power to choose when and where you want to fly. I like to do them before I sleep so I can wake up and land.

5 Likes

I either do them just before I go to sleep if it’s a longer long haul. Otherwise i just takeoff in the morning or a certain time of which I can land later on.

1 Like

Depends on the timezone your aircraft is in. For example, if I wanted to fly from Los Angeles to London (a solid 12 1/2 hour flight), and arrive in the morning, I’d need to factor in the flight time (12:30) with the difference in timezones (8 hours ahead here) and the time I’d want to arrive in London (say, 8am Greenwich time). Therefore, I’d have to depart 4 1/2 hours ahead of then, which would mean that I leave LAX at 8:30 in the evening. I hope that helps if that’s what you’re asking about.

1 Like

For me, j can’t do overnighters because my internet shuts off at a certain time. So, for me, I like to land at 7, 8, or 9 PM. I pick a long haul to do, then I time my departure with when I’d like to land. For example, for a ten hour flight to land at 7:00, I depart at 10 AM.

Just depends on what you need and what’s convenient.

1 Like

hmm how is la to london 12 hours

I know some people plan for IRL time, but I’m never getting up halfway through the night for IF.

1 Like

12 am, 1 am, 2am, 3am, 4 am, before u sleep basically

1 Like

i wake up at like 7am and start and then later before i get ready for bed i land.

Well, I do overnight ones and look at the tome I want to wake up and then take action. For example, I have a 10 hour flight so I take off just before I go to bed for maximum flight time in case I sleep in. If I’m doing a 12-14 hour flight, then I can takeoff slightly earlier as I have an extra 2-4 hours.

If you play IF on a device that you don’t use for work or school, depending on your hours, you can always takeoff in the morning and land after work or school.

dont really do long hauls because i keep oversleeping, but i recommend starting 15 hour long hauls at 8:15pm

Whenever you want ;)

Realism Police here: I suggest to only fly realistic scheduled flights, so look up the ETD and ETA, and convert those to your time zone and fly away! 😀

If we were to do it for realism nobody would have flown for 11 weeks

Well, not necessarily, you could still do the special COVID cargo flights, and there are plenty of passenger services that are still operational.

I just try to stick to pre-COVID filed plans by airlines for the summer/winter schedules. Most airlines do publish a schedule for the northern summer & southern winter seasons, and since these seasons, at least in the airline business, start around the end of March (right when COVID really took off around the globe), these plans and schedules were already filed and set to be implemented. The best resource to find these pre-COVID plans are FlightMapper.net.

A lot of people like to take off as the region is coming to an end, and fly to the next region

How do you even fly across the atlantic then lol
2ake up at 3 to land?

Yes. I am located in the United States Midwest, Chicago to be exact, so transatlantic Europe bound flights that depart at my 15:00-19:00 (2000-0000 Zulu) will arrive around 23:00-03:00 (0400-0800 Zulu), and therefore I usually find myself waking up at 1 or 2 or 3 in the morning for the landing.

Same goes for flights coming in from Asia. Since the bank is concentrated in the early-late morning arrivals into Europe, and late morning to early afternoon for departures, I will also quite frequently find my self waking up in the early mornings, around dawn, for these flights.

#RealismPolice!

1 Like

For flights 6-9 hours at 10 pm-12 am.
For flights 10-14 hours at 6 pm-10 pm.
I don’t do longer flights.
Basically you should sleep on these longer flights

I think you have bgger problems if you kind youself willing to wakeup at night to finish a flight…

For flights 10 to 14 hours I usually take off at 10pm - 12am and land 8am - 2pm
For Flights 15+ like KLAX - OMBD or if i plan another flight after landing a long haul i usaully start at 4pm or 6pm and land at 11am or 1pm the next day