When to ask

Some planes I have as ATC go to tower in the middle of a taxiway do I say please contact ground or let them stay on tower?

Just let them stay on tower if there are no imminent conflicts or an immediate need to have the aircraft on ground frequency. I don’t really have an issue if an aircraft switches early, to be honest, as long as it doesn’t cause conflicts.

1 Like

If no conflict between aircrafts or taxiways, I guess they can change to tower

1 Like

It does sometimes have conflicts.

Tell them to contact ground. Pilots should remain on the ground frequency until they arrive at the takeoff threshold, in which they would switch, and request takeoff clearance from tower. This is to avoid ground conflict with other aircraft.

Edit: If there’s no aircraft in the vicinity, and they’re almost at the runway, I guess it wouldn’t be a big deal. Realistically though, the aircraft should be with ground for as long as possible.

1 Like

Then you tell them to go ground until everything solved and safe

1 Like

Be proactive, use progressive taxi, do whatever you need to do on training server. Better touch it up before your practical test, though.

1 Like

But sometimes they don’t listen and I want to use the report button bad but expert server is coming for me I hope.

Nothing you can do, unfortunately, if they’re changing to early to tower and you see that there are chances of conflict, tell them to go ground, if they don’t change, just let him go, nothing you can do by now, unfortunately there’s a lot of people like this

1 Like

For the 1,763rd time, it’s the training server.

Keep working towards your practical, it’ll get there sooner or later.

4 Likes

I know but the person that didn’t listen has a community account.

Just because they have a community account doesn’t mean they’ll listen. A user can easily make an account and fly with the name

1 Like

There is nothing you can do about this. When you control on the ES you could report if need be. Until then let it be.

1 Like

There are PMs for a reason - utilize them.

1 Like

Then you should talk to him, explain to him his mistakes and hope everything get good

1 Like

I was just asking the question you guys don’t gotta be mean about it.

The problem is, You’ve asked the same question about multiple occurrences. Sorry to sound rude at all!

1 Like

@PilotA320 Seeing your recent topics and posts, this information was told to you many times by many users!

1 Like

No one told me about this!

Not being rude at all, it just get a bit tiring answering the same thing over and over :)

4 Likes