When New Meets Old

Hello!

It’s been awhile since I’ve made a #screenshots-and-videos topic, but now I’m back. I’ve been so busy on making content for a channel I co-own (we changed the name by the way), I haven’t had any time to just chill out and take some photos. Well, now I’ve done that, and this is one of my favorite photos so far! We have an AirTran 717 here, the grandson of the DC-9, but still a new plane in its own right. And we also have some editing, some very hard editing for that matter. Kinda looks like a 1960’s style photo — reminiscent of the DC-9’s days in service, but still quite modern at the same time. Now I assume you clicked on this topic to see some photos instead of listening to me giving a speech, so let’s see that photo!

The 717 blasts out of Atlanta as it make a turn towards the west, as the morning moon shows itself behind the aircraft, which makes way to a great flight the rest of the trip. For some reason, it looks more like the DC-9 than it does unedited, but who cares? DC-9’s are the best.

I really hope you enjoyed this photo, and my (somewhat) vintage editing style, thanks for stopping by. Feedback is accepted, and have a great day, IFC!

14 Likes

I like your pic a lot, it does give off a very vintage feel, good job!

1 Like

Thank you, Shane!

2 Likes

Wow that’s really cool! Great job @Butter_Boi!

1 Like

Means a whole lot, thank you!

1 Like

Mmm pretty shiny 717

1 Like

Love the editing looks amazing.

1 Like

Thank you so much, @Zach007 and @GameBoy_KIRB!

1 Like

I had to look twice about this being real or not, nice picture!

1 Like

Haha, better move this to #real-world-aviation then. 😜

Thanks a lot!

1 Like

Great Picture love the black and white vibe

1 Like

Me too, gives it a nice vibe. Thank you, @USA_ATC!

1 Like

Nice Photo! Almost had me in that classic style until you realize this type of livery didn’t exist back then!

Thanks! If only AirTran had cheatlines and polished aluminum liveries. 😂

1 Like