When LaGuardia Airport is remade IRL...

will it be edited in InfinteFlight? Cuz I heard that KLGA is going to get a bigger terminal that will run parallel to Grand Central Pkwy with an inclusion of an AirTrain.

2 Likes

Has this already been added to LaGuardia in real life? We use satellite images for drawing airports. It would be hard to replicate it in Infinite Flight without satellite images.

1 Like

Not yet started, but approved by the governor.

2 Likes

Plan:

Estimated completion: 2021 (by the time buildings will probably be added in IF)

8 Likes

So when they make it then it will be added

1 Like

When it is completed, we shall add it.

2 Likes

Looks really futuristic doesn’t it?

4 Likes

Never imagined that the plan would get much beyond politicians calling LGA a crummy airport then rallying support for a new one, releasing an ambitious design, then letting activity settle down then sweep the concept under the rug. Again.

It will make sense to redo LGA once it’s rebuilt to keep the airport as realistic as possible

5 Likes

By that time I’m honestly not sure if Infinite Flight will still be around. Think about it, that’s 5 years from now. Anything could happen between now and then

4 Likes

Jeez, Sean! Can you say “Buzzkill?”

True, “anything can happen”, but JFKPlaneSpotter101 is hoping for buildings in IF by then (as a joke) and you’re forecasting it’s demise.

Just when I was starting to get into it. Say it ain’t so!

4 Likes

I’m just sayin, you never know! Between now and 2021 we could either be flying Concorde’s around the world or the world could be having its next global economic collapse and people will be worrying about other things instead of interactive entertainment on mobile devices ;)

10 Likes

I’m redoing KLGA as of now and I can assure you that this probably won’t be added in until it’s actually officially built. Like Sean said, anything can happen between now and 2021.

2 Likes

Would this topic be in RWA?

1 Like

That’s pretty neat; the pic (or artist drawing).

3 Likes

Fair enough. Unless you’re the Amazing Kreskin, no one really knows.

Don’t tell me don’t know who the Amazing Kreskin is!

The KLGA remodel/replacement was announced by Govenor Cuomo during his “State of the State” address earlier this week. He also announced plans for KISP to become an international airport, to help take the load off KJFK and KLGA.

2 Likes

No, it’s a discussion topic on whether this new KLGA scenery should be added to IF or not (once it’s completed IRL)

1 Like

Thinking about this…

If KLGA was updated in IF to reflect the “latest and greatest” iteration - the new and improved, how could someone replicate the “Miracle on the Hudson” flight? I haven’t seen the master plan for the new, but I assume the runways would have a different orientation. Just wouldn’t be the same as the old KLGA.

Similarly, the old Kai Tak airport would never be added, if you follow the same reasoning, because it isn’t there anymore. There is a new Hong Kong airport and Kai Tak is no more.

I’d prefer to have both old AND new. That way we could get old Kai Tak and old KLGA while still having the option to spawn or land at the new.

Hey, they do it with liveriy schemes (737-700 “Southwest” and “Southwest 2014”) maybe they can do it with airports too.

3 Likes

I came back to look at the pic and I saw 767s! Huge accomplishment there! :) Largest currently is a UAL 753

1 Like

Haha you think they would be still around by then?

2 Likes