When is the update going to be

A lot of people say it is coming soon but is there like a specific date yet. Because ive been wondering about it for awhile.

1 Like

FDS Don’t give Time-Frames on their updates! Too many things can go wrong last minute!
Hopefully Soon!
;)

1 Like

Oh please no these questions should remain on their Facebook page.

The Devs say it time and time again, they won’t say when the update is.

If they give a date, say July 20th, 2015, they are committed to that date no matter how complete they are or not. If you want an incomplete, unrefined product, then you can go see the folks at X-Plane 10 and Aerofly FS :wink: (Although this is a joke, the message is serious here).

Now let’s look at the other hypothetical situation. Let’s say they want to put out a product that is worth the $4.99. To do that, they have to do lots of test runs, check the code, and make sure everything is operating correctly. However, sometimes things pop up at the last minute or even earlier that are big problems that need time to fix. If they realize they can’t make their set deadline, then people would be so much angrier than they are now asking about when the update is coming. The devs would be overwhelmed and more problems would arise in the customer feedback dept.

That’s all I got.

Long live the DC-9!

2 Likes

You should know that the Airbus A320 family will not be included in the next update.

3 Likes

I thought everyone said it was

1 Like

Quite the opposite.

I have tried to make it abundantly clear that IF themselves said that the A320 won’t be in the next update.

Long live the DC-9!

2 Likes

Check out the FDS twitter page! They said a new regional aircraft is coming very soon!

2 Likes

WHAT?!?!

This is all I got:

. I gotta check this out!

Long live the DC-9 (And Kool & The Gang and Chic)!

1 Like

2 Likes

Hot dog!

Can’t help being the nitpicky person I am (sorry!) but the MD-80 isn’t an aircraft-It’s the name of a family of aircraft. MD-88 is the youngest brother or sister of that family.

The MD-90 is that weird cousin that eats paste in the corner instead of socializing :grin: :stuck_out_tongue:.

Long live the DC-9!

1 Like

So there is an A320 and a regional Airliner on the way!

Perhaps the Regional Airliner could be in the update before the A320!

That would be two new aircraft in a short space of time!

I hope that the updat coming soon it takes a long time so I think it is a big update (I hope)

Probably. Can’t imagine what they’d implement in the upcoming update besides landing smoke and autoland (Unless that’s already added?).

There’s been a huge push for turboprops on the IF Facebook page and community forums (Of which I have participated in) so they may cooking up a surprise for us (Any regional jet/prop by this point)

Long live the DC-9!

1 Like

On android, the last update AT ALL, was may 9th. Today, that is one day removed from 2 months. As they have said many times before, updates will come every 1 to 2 months. Some people, like I am a little bit, impatient. This better roll out soon, or there may be protests and boycotts against FDS. Matt and Dave of FDS probably know about the long delay. My advice to them is to be prepared for what comes at them.

2 Likes

if you guys boycott IF, don’t expect a good product at the end of a long wait because theyvwould be starved of funds therefore stunting development and perhaps more important things.

Boycotting IF is very ironic.

Long live the DC-9!

Who Is Dave?

David Israel.

Long live the DC-9!

2 Likes

Oh I know him…I have spoke to him on several occasions…He seems like a cool guy.

Why ask who Dave is then :joy:?

You meet him in real life or online? I can imagine he’s a cool guy. From my understanding, he’s the guy behind the IF FB posts :joy:.

Long live the DC-9!

1 Like