When do you turn on and off your lights.

Hello Infinite Flight Community, this is a question that has been making making me think for quite some time. At what stages of flight do the lights go on and of. And when we are in the air what lights go of. Thanks.Screenshot_20190809-083631

1 Like

https://community.infiniteflight.com/t/landing-lights-strobes/75143

Check it out.

3 Likes

Strobes when entering an active runway and throughout the flight.
Landing lights, when below 10,000 ft no matter what and you can turn then off when above
Beacon light and nav light you should have on always:)

Some aircraft are missing a certain light i don’t remember which but for those i believe you should have the strobes on as a substitute, mainly for GA and fighter jets

2 Likes

Navigation (NAV) lights should be on as soon as you spawn in. Beacon lights are for when the aircraft is moving or you are powering up the engines and should remain on for the entire flight until you are parked at the gate at your destination airport and the engines are shut down completely.

Strobe lights should be turned on during flight, when entering an active runway and also when crossing a runway, and landing lights should be used as you enter the runway for takeoff and switched off when you are above 10,000 feet, and same when you are descending but turning them off when you exit the runway upon landing.

3 Likes

Thanks everyone. That realy helped.

No problem, if you have any further question you are welcome to message me whenever.

1 Like

Thanks. Will do😁

1 Like

I turn on my nav lights when I spawn in and then I leave my beacon lights until I get push back clearance to signify to other aircraft that I’m about to move. I turn on my landing lights when I get clearance to line up and wait and then I turn on my strobe lights when I’m cleared for takeoff. At 10,000ft I turn off my landing lights and keep my strobe, nav and beacon lights on for the duration of the flight when I descend to 10,000 I turn on my landing lights and when I turn on the taxiway after I exit the runway I turn off my landing and strobe lights. That’s the way I do it but we are all different to when we use specific lights. Just don’t use your strobe lights when taxiing it tends to freak some people out including me 😂 Have a nice day! 😀

1 Like

Thanks.
BTW LOL😂

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.