When do you turn off seatbelts?

When do you turn off seat belts?

1 Like

Usually after passing FL180

1 Like

Keep the Passengers safe, Pilot!

• Departure (Takeoff) : Switch the seatbelt signs to ON, before pushback running the engines.

• After Departure : Switch the seatbelt signs to OFF, after reaching an altitude of 10,000ft. Also depending on the weather conditions, wind gusts and turbulence. Make sure have a lower VS when doing so.

• Cruise : Switch the Seatbelt signs to ON, during a sudden turbulence or the increase of Wind gusts.

• Arrival (Approach) : Switch the Seatbelt signs to ON when Approaching below the altitude of 15,000ft.

• Arrival : Switch the Seatbelt signs to OFF, after turning off your engines in the reserved parking gate.

23 Likes

Whenever you are at a high enough and the winds are not strong

3 Likes

Depends on how fast you are climbing. Sometimes after 10,000, but if you are climbing fast normally wait until at least FL180 (or above).

2 Likes

After passing FL100

4 Likes

the common method is you turn on No Smoking and Fasten Seatbelt signs are before push back. You are so posed to push it 2 times after you pass 10,000 ft and give you passengers a briefing before you level off

AND DEFIANTLY NOT WHEN THERE IS TURBULENCE OR VERY HIGH WINDS

2 Likes

What I do is: Pass 10,000 feet, If there is no: Turbulence or any turns then I turn it off but if there is turbulence or turns I recommend keeping it on until the gusty winds calm

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.