When do you think human pilots on commercial planes will not be needed?

I think we may see automated commercial planes by 2055 I hope it may take longer because it is my dream job

4 Likes

maybe. don’t think about the future. it is a mystery. just live in the moment while you can!

To be 200% honest with you, I don’t see this happening for about a hundred years. Personally, I wouldn’t want my safety in the hands of a computer. I believe human control will last for a while.

8 Likes

Anyway, humans will be needed to give maintenance to the self-controlled planes if that happens which I doubt because I don’t think we would get to that point. If I can’t trust in human made things, I can’t trust either in technology, because it’s also product of human hands, if something goes wrong, it’s the human’s fault.

1 Like

i think the same as you.

1 Like

Well technology has taking over tasks in the industrial business that usto be done by humans for quite awhile now. I think this may come sooner than later because of its pros

Eventually they would still be needing human pilots in the future cause A.I. can also produce errors talk about decision making and as a passenger i wont trust my life on a A.I.

1 Like

I would never trust technology.

8 Likes

Well you trust your phone and practically put all your life info already into technology

Yeah but that is todays technology. aviation has changed in the last 50 years and the amount of automation has increased very much

good one! ha ha

1 Like

but maybe the next generation of humans will grow up with automation and may trust it more?

1 Like

neither would i

1 Like

True the plane is controlled by many computer systems as a pilot your job is mainly to monitor and to be able to see the outcome of your flight in the cockpit.

2 Likes

That incident was still caused by Pilot error, but yes, we shouldn’t trust technology so much.

2050 is the year . (For when robots take over!!!😂😂😂😂)

1 Like

2050 robot takeover. we will all be cyborgs

1 Like

this is starting to get off topic

1 Like

I feel like i might witness the change of humans to robots

This crash was a pilot failure not a technology failure - have a read of the report. All aircraft have high degrees of automation, and when that automation is used the pilots are always there to check the automation is doing what they expect it should be doing.