When do you activate reverse thrust?

Hey IFC.

I’m just curious and wondering how long it takes you to activate reverse thrust. I personally activate it when my nose wheel touches the runway. It depends on runway length, flaps etc. When do you?

I activate reversers when i touch the runway

1 Like

I activate 70% of reverse when my front wheel is going down

2 Likes

On touchdown because that is when they do it, except for in the Dash 8 which doesn’t use reverse thrust unless it is operating at a < 3000 foot runway

1 Like

When I start to lower my nose gear after touching down, use between 40-80% depending on weight and rwy length

1 Like

I will wait until all of my tires are touched down the RW(if the RW length is over 10000ft)

1 Like

On heavies, it’s normal for reverse thrust to be activated just after touchdown. On smaller jets, it’s applied when all gears are down. I default to 80%, but on some absurdly long runways I’ll use as little as 20%.

I wait until I’m sure I’m not bouncing hard or going off to the side, the reasoning being you are not to go around after deploying reversers.
I usually wait a few secs as well. Reversers in IF deploy instantly (as opposed to IRL where they take a few secs to come out)

1 Like

I do it as soon as my mains touch down and i do about 50-80% depending on runway length and what taxiway im aiming for.

1 Like

I’ll do it when my front wheel Touches down just like in the real world

Imagine activating it on the ground

In all seriousness,

In heavies, I activate reverse thrust 2 seconds after main gear touchdown, in smaller aircraft when all gear is down.

4 Likes

I activate reverse thrust around 3 second after my nose wheel touches. I do this because if I land a little off centerline, I take those seconds to align myself with the runway

1 Like

I select reverse thrust when… I land.

Just kidding - or well, no not kidding - but I usually like others wait maybe 2-3 seconds to simulate the time it would take them to activate IRL.

I sometimes active the reverse when touch down and sometimes after front gear touch the ground

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.