When a plane is no longer in service in real life, does its IF version get removed?

I am a kid, so I can’t spend all my pocket money on IF’s paid planes. I can wait until I am a grown up and then use my own salary, but today this hit me: I have no opinion when it comes to which planes I want, so I want almost everything. But planes like the A320 Family, A330, B767, B777 and so on are getting replaced. I really love all the planes, but what if the IF Team removes some of my favourite planes from the game? All I want to know is whether the IF Team will remove a plane when it’s out of service in real life or keep them.

Note: I made a topic for this so that if someone else has the same doubt, they can look here. I also know that some models are no longer in service in real life but they are in IF, but does that apply for all planes?

Fingers crossed they stay no matter what!

2 Likes

The 747-200s are nearly completely gone/completely gone but they’re in the Sim

6 Likes

Yes, but I’m asking whether all planes will remain even if their real life version is no longer in service

1 Like

Well if they add concorde, your questions goes out the window…

5 Likes

Yes the planes will remain on the sim even if they are retired from the real world.

3 Likes

I’m talking about all planes in general.

Did I answer your question?

1 Like

I guess you’re right but we need a moderator or someone working as a developer in IF to give a clear answer

If you really, and I mean really feel the urge just PM one.

2 Likes

I’m from the future and we use teleportation machines. Planes are extinct, but IF still has them.
Hope that answered your question.

9 Likes

Haha, very funny.

I can tell you with common sense alone that this won’t happen EVER. They spend too much time and money on them just to remove them, and they’d lose their player base.

3 Likes

You seriously think IF would do that? That would be completely wrong as you lose your money. Simple answer: No - the 742 is in and the MD/DCs are on the edge of extinction yet they are being added. No need to PM a mod, really I don’t think so. Just think.

2 Likes

I’m not a developer, but isn’t the next feature the devs are soon going to add be the md 11/dc 10? I’m pretty sure many airlines have alr stopped using these aircrafts, furthermore, during the vote, if I am not wrong, there was an option for concorde so that would mean that the devs will most probably not remove these aircrafts?

1 Like

Why would they remove them? And since when are A320, 777 and A330 getting replaced?

1 Like

To answer your second question: A320neo is the replacement for the A320, A330neo replaces A330 and B777X replaces B777. You can see Wikipedia.

Always use Wikipedia as a citation, especially on academic papers or anywhere else you feel the need to establish credibility.

1 Like

Is the spitfire still in active service? Nope. But it’s in game. Same with the 747-200s. They won’t do this. It makes zero sense

1 Like

I agree with @Rodney_Buckland. Plus, I’ve paid for a few planes, therefore I can’t see how they could take them away without refunding everyone that’s done the same. I don’t think you have cause to worry my friend.

The nice thing about a sim is that we CAN fly old airliners and other planes that are out of service. It carry’s on their legacy

1 Like