When a 66yr old pilot takes more pics than you.

I took this picture of my Captain (who has over 9 type ratings and his last job he was a captain at Atlas flying a 747-400 for 8 years)while we were on a 4 day trip together and I must say, if I am as passionate about aviation as he is at 66yrs old I know I made the right decision. From my captain on this trip he has now become my mentor / friend. Funny how the world of aviation works.

This is him taking a video of a Piaggio Avanti starting up to show his 2 yr old grandson who has taking a love for aviation at a very young age. His grandson is also his favorite copilot when the grandad flies his Mooney

34 Likes

A good friend who I consider a mentor just retired from Cargolux a year or two ago. He still does take pictures of everything lol

1 Like

Honestly that’s amazing! Easily 50% of the pilots I know do it for the $$$ and it’s refreshing to see older pilots love it as much as I do

2 Likes

Pilots make money?!

2 Likes

Lol good one. Well, the caps in my company mid 6 figs and off half the year, so I guess that’s pretty good. Lol

1 Like

Business jets life though lol

1 Like

Never going 121 at this rate. I agree. Tomorrow is 3 days in Antigua all paid for. Not too bad Imho :) business jet life has spoiled me

2 Likes

Honestly 121 never excited me, 91K/135 is the way to go

1 Like

I agree. I was an airline guy from day one. I drank that juice. I will still say legacy airline pay is amazing and benefits is something biz jet can never match.

BUT

if you find the right 135 or 91 gig you are set for life. A friend flies a falcons 3 days a week. No weekends or holidays. $155k 🤤

2 Likes

Aviation is something special to enjoy. There is no age where you are not allowed to like aviation. Everyone, from everywhere, can enjoy aviation. No matter if you are a 2 year old whom is just learning it’s first words, to a 70 year old former captain. It’s for anyone.

3 Likes

I agree with you 100% sadly, people have different motives to be in it.

2 Likes

Was that on Snapchat or Instagram they all look the same to me?

1 Like

Snapchat. I use both and will say IG takes much better quality pics on their story.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.