Whats Your Worst / Weirdest ATC Conversation? [Part 1]

my most uncomfortable conversation was when I was flying KCLT-KDCA and my fuel ran out. Unlucky, I wasn’t flying for over an hour so I didn’t have emergency requests, so IFATC got mad at me thinking I was following my FPL but i was just trying not to crash and I got reported. :(

5 Likes

Early today:

ATC forgetting about turning me toward the ILS, and me having to remind them I was still there.

“American 426, checking in.”

UhAmerican 426, execute missed approach, turn heading 240, climb and maintain 8,000.”

I still love you IFATC, we all make mistakes.

8 Likes

This happened on TS and ES multiple times.

Me: “Requesting approach blah blah blah runway 25

ATC: “Cleared for 25 approach”

Me: “Thank you”

ATC: …

18 Likes

Happens To Me On Expert SOOO Many Times.

3 Likes

Training server. I was landing at Heathrow from Frankfurt which I was in Unicom at the time. Mid landing, tower came on and said this:

Lufthansa 350, cancel takeoff clearance, hold position.

7 Likes

Ah the training server.

1 Like

Impossible

2 Likes

established on short final (TS) the controller told me to make a right 360 then cleared me for the option…
I just went around… :P

4 Likes

As a pilot I learned what “extend upwind” mean the first time ATC asked to me, and I learned it on my skin: 👻👻👻, trust me guys I will never forget it!
in ES of course (nobody knows what this means in TS 😂)

otherwise as a humble training server controller my favorite conversation is:
Plane: Request ILS approach RWXX
Me: Expect vctr to ILS approach RWXX, turn heading xxx, descent xxx
Plane: unable

I‘m like “bro, make peace with your brain” every time lol

4 Likes

Well i was ATC doing a test when this happened on training a couple months ago…

I repeated “Taxi to 15L” around 6 times because i dropped my phone. Then i said “Your Welcome” instead of “Im Sorry.” I then said “Correction Disregard Last Message” and went to say “Im sorry” and clicked “Thank You, Good Day” On accident.

Then the pilot responded “Taxiing to runway 15L, BIGBOI77”

Long story short i left the game and said my game broke, but in reality, my brain wasn’t working.

5 Likes

“Bigboi77” HAHA!

4 Likes

One time had this:
Me: “Say Intentions”
Pilot: “Thank You Good Day”

17 Likes

Haha! @ThomasThePro

1 Like

now that’s nice…

2 Likes

No need to repeat… @Victor_R

1 Like

Yes ik sorry, deleted for a wrong message mention, i mentionated another comment istead of Thomas comment

2 Likes

I had this a while back when I was grade 2 flying on the training server. I was approaching KJFK New York and my callsign was Delta 684 or something like that. Here it goes…

DAL 684: New York Approach, Delta 684 with you.

NY APP.: DAL 684, Radar contact.

DAL 684: Delta 684 is 20 ish nautical miles West of LaGuardia at 11,000 ft, requesting ILS approach any runway at John F Kennedy.

NY APP.: DAL 684, turn right heading 180. descend and maintain 4,000. Cleared ILS RWY 4L??? *immediatly after, NY APP. is now closed, g’day.

Me (DAL 684) : I am sorry, but I am pretty sure that I am not even close to being established on the localizer.

3 Likes

You mean another story or topic?

2 Likes

no changed it.

1 Like

Dang. 50 reply’s!