Whats Your Worst / Weirdest ATC Conversation? [Part 1]

What Is Your Weirdest / Uncomfortable ATC Conversation you have had in IF?

How It Works.
  • Server: Training/Expert
  • Date: any
  • Must Be Real
  • Make Your Story Funny!

My Most Uncomfortable Conversation Was Probably when I was on the first time on EXPERT… ATC told me to turn right heading 220, I did not know what that meant. I responded, turn right heading 220. I did not though. (Yes I got reported)

What Is Yours? Reply Below!

The Most Liked Reply Will Get Featured!

Featured Right Now, @Jacob_Layton with 22 likes!

Can’t Wait For Your ATC Story’s!

-Julian K.

Love IFC?

What Do You Love About IFC?

8 Likes

Expert: I’ve never had one, maybe because IFATC are well trained. I wonder why🤔

Training: R.I.P

10 Likes

Thinking IFATC had no idea what they were doing. But little did I know, holding patterns were a thing.

12 Likes

Haha! that’s what I thought too!

4 Likes

lol @Kiz funny!

2 Likes

Got any more?

1 Like

IFATC are well trained, no bad interactions. There was a training server ATC that kept clearing and unclearing me for takeoff.

7 Likes

Was Probably Me…

1 Like

Nah. I only do It if there is a emergency.

My question is, how did you make it to Expert server without knowing what “Turn heading XXX” means?

23 Likes

I was astonished when I a holding pattern showed up on my screen for the first time

5 Likes

Well I did, but Not fully. as training, you do not have to follow instructions as much.

1 Like

Once in expert approach told me to slow to 160 or lower but I was in a md-11…

6 Likes

I don’t have any with ATC at the time. But I hate it when I tell someone to do something (like go to a runway, or go around), and they just respond with “I’m Sorry”…

4 Likes

Back in pre-global my friend was vectored to turn right heading 360 and he did a 360° lol

10 Likes

Saying “You’re Welcome” instead of “Thank You, Good Day”. Then having to rush to press “Correction, Disregard Last Message” and “Stand By” and then finally “I’m Sorry”. Ending the flight. Yeah when I panic I hit every button available 😂

31 Likes

My first time on the expert server.
EHAM was open and busy. I flew from EGLL (like anyone would in the training server) to EHAM: flying straight in to 36C while ignoring the entire traffic pattern. I contacted tower without even contacting approach. I reported that i was on final.
Did not go down well 😬

8 Likes

I was told I was clear for takeoff like five times in one minute…

I was still on the ramp.

6 Likes

In Expert? Sounds like Casual ATC right there if we had any…

3 Likes

It was training server.

1 Like